Pictures Of Your Surround Collections - Please Share

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2010-04-05 18.45.25.jpg
I'll just keep showing this off.
2010-04-05 18.52.05.jpg

Last edited:
You've got what I would figure is the original Chicago Quadio boxed set. They're all quadraphonic (except for Live at Carnegie Hall of course). What was the country of origin (if you know), and where did you come across that awesome boxed set?!

You've got what I would figure is the original Chicago Quadio boxed set. They're all quadraphonic (except for Live at Carnegie Hall of course). What was the country of origin (if you know), and where did you come across that awesome boxed set?!

Not an official release- He just took all his Chicago SQ LPs and put them in a Chicago stereo LP box set. Still very very cool!! Some of those Chicago SQ discs are not so easy to find these days (I have only V and Greatest Hits in my collection).

Not what I meant- the LPs are very real they just never came in a box set like that.
It was a stereo, promo only, box. I bought the box and end cap and put my quad LPs (and the stereo only 4) in it. Until Quadio came out, it was the ultimate. Now, I'll never play it again, Blu Ray wins.

It took a while to import all this stuff into discogs- https://www.discogs.com/user/sjcorne/collection ...

Bookend to this old post- I've since reorganized and moved all DVD-A and Blu-Ray to new shelves. Don't mind the lightsaber...

(and if anyone's looking for a DVD-A storage solution, these shelves are a perfect fit for the super jewel cases: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXVAZXV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

IMG_5576.JPG

All other surround discs (SACD, DVD-V, DTS-CD, Matrix CDs, etc) are in this Sony Mega Changer:

IMG_5577.JPG

It was a stereo, promo only, box. I bought the box and end cap and put my quad LPs (and the stereo only 4) in it. Until Quadio came out, it was the ultimate. Now, I'll never play it again, Blu Ray wins.

Ah, that explains it, still neat, because if that had ever been released packaged like that as quads, that would have been a very rare offering. I'd never seen this stereo boxed set before anyway.
I've only ever come across Chicago VI and VIII as quads in person, and they were both promo copies, and some of the very first quads I bought when I started collecting.

Bookend to this old post- I've since reorganized and moved all DVD-A and Blu-Ray to new shelves. Don't mind the lightsaber...

(and if anyone's looking for a DVD-A storage solution, these shelves are a perfect fit for the super jewel cases: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXVAZXV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

View attachment 33836

All other surround discs (SACD, DVD-V, DTS-CD, Matrix CDs, etc) are in this Sony Mega Changer:

View attachment 33835

That's one of the best ways to protect your DVDA's - guard them with a lightsaber! :)

May the force be with us there are many more releases to come...

Digging the Megachanger!

Rod Argent told me in 2004 that he still had his 8-track player. Gerry and Dewey said they wished they had time to come to my house to listen to theirs. B. B. signed his on his bus. A very gracious host.

Attachments

• IMG_20210106_145702905.jpg
    IMG_20210106_145702905.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 196
Back