Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new 2022 release from the Pineapple Thief entitled "Give It Back".

The album features 12 re-recorded and re-worked TPT classics now featuring Gavin Harrison on drums, and with new vocals and guitars from Bruce Soord, new mixing by Soord and Harrison, and mastering by Steve Kitch.
CD/Blu-Ray in digipak with artwork by Carl Glover. Includes hi-res stereo and DTS-HD MA 5.1/Dolby Atmos.

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
If ever there is a reason to buy Prog Rock in full Dolby Atmos, this release has it all.
Bruce has , in a short time, fully mastered the techniques required, to set the bar far higher than any other, comparable musician, in this format.
Yes there is 5.1 and stereo but my main interest is the sensation that I get from Atmos.
This is so good you can almost eat it!!
But there's more....Gavin has helped in remixing this release and this is shown in his superb drumming.
That's not to detract from every member of the bands input, which is equally great.
To think Bruce has the same enthusiasm he had way back in 1999, when he started this project.
Thanks Bruce for making all this happen.

I'm sure Gavin would like to give it a rating of Marshall 11!! :)

I did try...

MTB Vince

After my initial back-to-back play-throughs of first the Atmos BD and then the CD , I ended up going back through several of the Atmos tracks again. I've scored both the immersive audio mix and stereo CD mixes as an 8/10. I found both the Atmos and the CD mixes to be a little dark sounding. In all other respects they were great but there was a lack of that open and and airy top end that would have earned a higher score.

While the playing and arrangements were great as you would expect, I felt that there wasn't sufficient musical variety in the song choices that made it on to this album. So again an 8/10.

minimumtumbleweed

While the playing and arrangements were great as you would expect, I felt that there wasn't sufficient musical variety in the song choices that made it on to this album. So again an 8/10.
I agree, I'm not a huge fan of some of their older music and would have liked to see a bit more variety. When I put it on my wife was like "Hey, I like this, what is it?" but after a few songs she said "Actually, never mind" šŸ˜›.