Pineapple Thief Versions of the Truth in BluRay Audio coming soon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really liking the single. I've been on the 'Thief train since shortly before Someone Here Is Missing, and I'm still the most fond of it and its predecessor, Tightly Unwound. All The Wars was alright, but Magnolia didn't excite. The earlier albums each have their moments... But then Your Wilderness came with a new direction and Gavin's familiar drumming and it was a slam-dunk for me. Di§olution didn't quite hit me the same way, but it's by no means a bad album. After the bait-and-switch of Steven Wilson's The Future Bites, it's nice to have some new music in surround to look forward to this year.

Really liking the single. I've been on the 'Thief train since shortly before Someone Here Is Missing, and I'm still the most fond of it and its predecessor, Tightly Unwound. All The Wars was alright, but Magnolia didn't excite. The earlier albums each have their moments... But then Your Wilderness came with a new direction and Gavin's familiar drumming and it was a slam-dunk for me. Di§olution didn't quite hit me the same way, but it's by no means a bad album. After the bait-and-switch of Steven Wilson's The Future Bites, it's nice to have some new music in surround to look forward to this year.
I discovered them around about the time of Tightly Unwound and saw them live loads of times back in small venues before they signed to KScope. I love the early material and got to know Bruce pretty well through some photography I did of the band several years ago.

If you haven't heard his two solo albums I can highly recommend them, and the surround mixes of both are superb. In my view a lot of the feel from the solo material has filtered through into "Versions of the Truth."

No longer a working title I guess!!! ;)

Video for Demons, the 1st single off the record (going to be included on the BD-A):

Great news and addition to this year's list :SB

Finally broke down and listened to this single. Within 25 seconds......I LOVE IT! LOVE THE VIBE.........

Waiting for a US vendor though.

I discovered them around about the time of Tightly Unwound and saw them live loads of times back in small venues before they signed to KScope.
Tightly Unwound was the first Kscope release in 2008—for both the band and the label! Did you see them live before that was released, then? I had the good fortune of seeing them on their latest tour. Excellent show.
If you haven't heard his two solo albums I can highly recommend them, and the surround mixes of both are superb. In my view a lot of the feel from the solo material has filtered through into "Versions of the Truth."
Everything from Bruce is an auto-buy for me. I like the self-titled first album, but haven't had a chance to listen to All This Will Be Yours yet.

Tightly Unwound was the first Kscope release in 2008—for both the band and the label! Did you see them live before that was released, then?
I just went back and checked in my photo archive and you're right. It was just after TU was released that I first saw them, so they were already with KScope, but only just!

TPT 12 Dec (2)_Web.jpg

As a band they also got so much more professional within a relatively short period of time after that signing and their following went from being relatively small (but very loyal) to the kind of numbers they attract now. I saw them a dozen or more times during that transition period, including a gig at the Orange Box where the fans played the band at football before the gig!

I discovered them around about the time of Tightly Unwound and saw them live loads of times back in small venues before they signed to KScope. I love the early material and got to know Bruce pretty well through some photography I did of the band several years ago.

The earlier albums are excellent as well. Little Man is one of my favourites. Would be great to have that, TY and Someone Here Is Missing in 5.1 as well.

Loving 'Demons' a lot. Have pre-ordered the Blu-ray/CD bundle from Burning Shed. Don't have Dissolution so looking forward to seeing what they're like in 5.1. Would still love a surround mix of 'Someone Here Is Missing', great album.

Back