Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason (5.1/Dolby Audio?/UHD & 360 Reality Audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That guy at the start of the video absolutely don’t know how to wield a scythe. You don’t have to attack the wheat like that! He pounds on them like they have to be killed. It’s awful.

(sorry about the off-topic rant)
Big mistake with 360 over Atmos IMO, if that's the case. And yeah, Dolby what?

also, in creating your artistic crop circle, make sure your Kaiser blade is properly sharpened :)

My excitement of the release was quickly dampened by the price…

The stand-alone Early Years box sets had 1-2 CDs, a Blu Ray, and a DVD, as well as great packaging with inserts.. and were cheaper. Shame more artists can’t follow Marillion‘s example of nicely packaged box sets with multiple CDs and a Blu Ray for under £30.

No doubt I’ll still buy it though !!

Preordered. I've been hoping for a separate release for this title. The "Years" box sets were way too expensive. The book will hopefully be good, or at least better than the essay that will be coming with the Animals set, if it's ever officially announced. I can do without the stickers. It would be nice if Floyd could follow the Tull and Marillion model of a great, consistent, package at a great price.

I am really looking forward to hearing the 2019 mix, which if I remember the descriptions strips the 80's production techniques from the mix.

The article on SDE doesn't mention the 360 version.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news...Feed:+superdeluxeedition+(SuperDeluxeEdition)

Way way too much money for this. As I'm not an uber fan pass.
However I do not know what the demand is. A reasonable price might not sell many more copies.

"...Remixed & Updated will be released on 29 October 2021. ..."
"... In addition, for the first time, and from 19 October 2021, the album will be presented in Dolby Audio and UHD in addition to 360 Reality Audio, all of which will continue with other Pink Floyd releases."

If the dates are correct it looks to me that the "presentation" of the album will be done in "Public Theaters" with projection on 4K and sound in 'Dolby Audio' and '360 Reality'

Like other presentations done for other title releases. Theater Show Only but the 4K and theater sound do not apply to the released Blu-Ray (old mix) and streaming services.

Hope I'm wrong.

"...Remixed & Updated will be released on 29 October 2021. ..."
"... In addition, for the first time, and from 19 October 2021, the album will be presented in Dolby Audio and UHD in addition to 360 Reality Audio, all of which will continue with other Pink Floyd releases."

If the dates are correct it looks to me that the "presentation" of the album will be done in "Public Theaters" with projection on 4K and sound in 'Dolby Audio' and '360 Reality'

Like other presentations done for other title releases. Theater Show Only but the 4K and theater sound do not apply to the released Blu-Ray (old mix) and streaming services.

Hope I'm wrong.

It’s Audio only no visual so why would it be presented in a theatre?

It’s Audio only no visual so why would it be presented in a theatre?

Because the audio system in a theatre is Great for a listening session.

And the visual can be some animated backgroud, Why they speak about UHD? That's refers to video not audio. Unless the note is messing technical acronims.

what the heck is 360 audio? Upmix?

There is a 'recent new' immersive audio system from Sony called "360 Reality Audio" that would compete with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro-3D, and some other minor virtualizing systems.

I believe it was initially announced as a virtualizing system for headphones, but I think it exists also for discrete channels/speakers in a home theater. Tidal, Amazon, Apple, Deezer have already some titles in "360 Reality Audio" in his catalogue. I do not know wether any "360 Reality Audio" has already been released in Blu-ray.

If the writer says "360 audio" to refer to 3D audio or immersive audio, then it is not very rigorous.

There is a 'recent new' immersive audio system from Sony called "360 Reality Audio" that would compete with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro-3D, and some other minor virtualizing systems.

I believe it was initially announced as a virtualizing system for headphones, but I think it exists also for discrete channels/speakers in a home theater. Tidal, Amazon, Apple, Deezer have already some titles in "360 Reality Audio" in his catalogue. I do not know wether any "360 Reality Audio" has already been released in Blu-ray.

If the writer says "360 audio" to refer to 3D audio or immersive audio, then it is not very rigorous.
So real mixes then. Nice. I thought it might be just upmixes of stereo content.

*360 Reality Audio*
Has been available on youtube quite for some months now

Thanks for posting about this stand-alone release - I forgot all about it and probably would have missed it otherwise. I wasn't terribly impressed with their de-80's-ing of the original album that I've heard on YouTube and didn't get it when it was released in The Later Years but am curious enough to probably pick it up once this stand-alone gets released.

Back