HiRez Poll Pink Floyd - A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Pink Floyd - A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON

• Total voters
Just got this one (found it reduced to below £20 on amazon so jumped on it!)
I really like the music on this one and the surround sounds great on my system.
My main issue with the disc is the menu system! it is a complete mess.
The actual album is completely buried in a submenu. the Play-all starts with the videos, and going specifically to the audio-only submenu, it starts with the live version of 3 of the tracks, you have to navigate further down and right in the audio-only submenu to be able to play the album!
It feels like they put the blu-ray for the bonus features only and then went "oh yeah I guess we could add the hires and surround versions in there, we still have space, but noone will really want to listen to them so let's hide them away!"

Just got this one (found it reduced to below £20 on amazon so jumped on it!)
I really like the music on this one and the surround sounds great on my system.
My main issue with the disc is the menu system! it is a complete mess.
The actual album is completely buried in a submenu. the Play-all starts with the videos, and going specifically to the audio-only submenu, it starts with the live version of 3 of the tracks, you have to navigate further down and right in the audio-only submenu to be able to play the album!
It feels like they put the blu-ray for the bonus features only and then went "oh yeah I guess we could add the hires and surround versions in there, we still have space, but noone will really want to listen to them so let's hide them away!"
Yes, it’s like you have to jump through hoops to get to the main thing 99.9% of us bought it for

I'm surprised that Pink Floyd's A Momentary Lapse Of Reason on Blu Ray Audio with DTS-HD 5.1 scores so low. I've listened to the brilliant Dark Side Of The Moon, but found myself enjoying A Momentary Lapse Of Reason more enjoyable. Somehow, I connected on a deeper emotional level. The mix is an exciting experience and definately has the "WOW" factor. At this time, it is my favorite QUAD disc. Your thoughts?

I'm surprised that Pink Floyd's A Momentary Lapse Of Reason on Blu Ray Audio with DTS-HD 5.1 scores so low. I've listened to the brilliant Dark Side Of The Moon, but found myself enjoying A Momentary Lapse Of Reason more enjoyable. Somehow, I connected on a deeper emotional level. The mix is an exciting experience and definately has the "WOW" factor. At this time, it is my favorite QUAD disc. Your thoughts?
Isn't it 5.1? But I like it ;)

I'm surprised that Pink Floyd's A Momentary Lapse Of Reason on Blu Ray Audio with DTS-HD 5.1 scores so low. I've listened to the brilliant Dark Side Of The Moon, but found myself enjoying A Momentary Lapse Of Reason more enjoyable. Somehow, I connected on a deeper emotional level. The mix is an exciting experience and definitely has the "WOW" factor. At this time, it is my favorite QUAD disc. Your thoughts?
Agreed.
Personally I love MLOR and anything with David Gilmour on guitar, but that's me.
There are many who lost interest in PF after The Wall.
Many excellent multich mixes suffer in the polls do to not being the most popular albums.

Agreed.
Personally I love MLOR and anything with David Gilmour on guitar, but that's me.
There are many who lost interest in PF after The Wall.
Many excellent multich mixes suffer in the polls do to not being the most popular albums.
Similarly I love the 5.1 mix of MLOR and I also have a soft spot for Division Bell. My favourite Pink Floyd album is and always has been Wish You Were Here and the quad mix of that is growing on me. Dark Side Of The Moon is good but it's well down my list of favourite Pink Floyd albums.

Back