Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ps Happy Birthday to Roger Waters, wherever he is...

Glad to see Pink Floyd found a great photo of him for their birthday post...
241322319_389869415843682_5173647159303297054_n.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that the new mix cover photo of Battersea Power station is odd? I was studying it because something looked strange and have included a close up for you to see. I’m looking at the ’shed’ part that looks badly photoshopped into the picture to me. Follow the train tracks and you’ll see that they don’t fit right (right side of the shed) and the whole angle looks wrong. The colour is strange too. On the full-size image if you look at the train in the shed (on the left) and compare it to the train on the far right the size is odd too. Am I wrong?What do you think?

Attachments

• AC90F397-33F4-425F-A7EE-3CBBB6A1740E.jpeg
    AC90F397-33F4-425F-A7EE-3CBBB6A1740E.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 144
  • D8CBAA22-F630-420D-9A0E-B114476119A4.jpeg
    D8CBAA22-F630-420D-9A0E-B114476119A4.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 146
Has anyone else noticed that the new mix cover photo of Battersea Power station is odd? I was studying it because something looked strange and have included a close up for you to see. I’m looking at the ’shed’ part that looks badly photoshopped into the picture to me. Follow the train tracks and you’ll see that they don’t fit right (right side of the shed) and the whole angle looks wrong. The colour is strange too. On the full-size image if you look at the train in the shed (on the left) and compare it to the train on the far right the size is odd too. Am I wrong?What do you think?
The trains might just be different models (possiby an overground versus an underground train (which are not always underground)). But I agree the rectangle under the shed looks a different colour and the tracks on the far right do look a bit strange, though it might be that one rail is hidden by another track in front. Now you've pointed it out, the white line at the front of the shed looks odd, but I suppose it might be an effect of the roof lights casting a hard shadow. So, I think it does look odd, but is all explainable (though I'm not sure how likely). The colour is a bit odd but photos, even before photoshop, could be like that depending on the printing and processing.

Is this what we've become? So starved and desperate for Animals that we can spend hours poring over a promo photo? :D 🐖

Anybody going to the PF exhibition in Los Angeles? A friend of mine with very sharp eyes found that there seems to be some Animals live footage on display. It's a blink and you miss it moment, but look carefully at the screen on the far right and you'll see it (from minute 22:35 onwards):

The footage was definitely not on the exhibition in Spain.
In you're planning to go to the exhibition, beware about the full video as it shows mostly everything that's in there.

They should add an interactive segment: a giant animatic of Roger Waters' head on a wall, that spits at you as you walk by.

They could hire the guys from "Spitting Image" to put it together :D

"Relive the moment of inspiration!!"

Remember that UK show? It was great.
Adam Driver could perfectly play a young Waters

Anybody going to the PF exhibition in Los Angeles? A friend of mine with very sharp eyes found that there seems to be some Animals live footage on display. It's a blink and you miss it moment, but look carefully at the screen on the far right and you'll see it (from minute 22:35 onwards):

In you're planning to go to the exhibition, beware about the full video as it shows mostly everything that's in there.

I think the footage you are mentioning is actually not from the Animals Tour but might be from a different tour as I didn’t see any inflatable fridges etc…I could be wrong

On a side note seeing the blimp flying around the CN Tower made me homesick

Nice find of the Exhibit in LA though…thanks

I think the footage you are mentioning is actually not from the Animals Tour but might be from a different tour as I didn’t see any inflatable fridges etc…I could be wrong

On a side note seeing the blimp flying around the CN Tower made me homesick

Nice find of the Exhibit in LA though…thanks
I think you're right, it's being identified as Knebworth 75 footage at pinkfloydz forum

I wish they would retain the original covers on some of these reissues. Roger Dean redid the lettering on the vinyl release of Uriah Heep's Demons and Wizards, which, I feel, detracted from one of my favorite album covers.

The frame that appears at 21:50 in the video you shared can be found at 4:24 here:

And this was my edit synching up the sound properly:

Back