Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acoustic Sounds offers me a great range of shipping prices to regional Australia. The SACD is only US$35, but my postage (only) costs would be:

FedEx International Economy: US$126.78
FedEx International Priority: US$129.99
UPS Expedited: US$272.99

And, in a classic understatement, the UPS "Saver" is only US$286.48 :rolleyes:

Just as well I'm moving to Canada later this year, where the postage will be just US$19.44, but I've emailed Birdland in Sydney to see if they can get the SACD in and avoid those ridiculous postage costs. I'll let those of us in Oz know when I get a reply.

You really seem to hold a grudge against Paul.
Yeah, he could probably have stated that you can order the stand alone blue-ray elsewhere. But then again, does ImportCD, Bullmoose, DeepDiscount, Burning Shed tell you where else you can buy something from? Amazon only does it when linking sources that our paying to resell through them.
Well, look at this comment: Pink Floyd’s Animals reissue confirmed for October – SuperDeluxeEdition

I replied that it's also available from JPC and Amazon, and Paul neither published my comment nor added the price widget for the Blu-Ray, something that is normally a part of all his posts advertising a release, even in cases where he's sold an item through his own store like the Marillion or TFF multi-disc sets.

So it's unusual & something I would've noticed in any case, regardless of our previous history. (And keep in mind I'm somebody who's promoted his blog over a long, long, long time. But he can't deal with criticism, he already had to close several comment threads simply because people disagreed with him.)

Acoustic Sounds offers me a great range of shipping prices to regional Australia. The SACD is only US$35, but my postage (only) costs would be:

FedEx International Economy: US$126.78
FedEx International Priority: US$129.99
UPS Expedited: US$272.99

And, in a classic understatement, the UPS "Saver" is only US$286.48 :rolleyes:

Just as well I'm moving to Canada later this year, where the postage will be just US$19.44, but I've emailed Birdland in Sydney to see if they can get the SACD in and avoid those ridiculous postage costs. I'll let those of us in Oz know when I get a reply.
Feel your pain. Ordered the SACD from them, $66USD to ship to AU (plus I had to purchase another item to get over their $50 minimum for non-US customers).
I paid because there is no other choice. Local AU distributors (like Birdland) stock-out so fast because their allocations are embarrassingly low. Oh well, first world problems . . . happy to be getting the SACD.

I'm on the road, and connect to QQ via my phone. I finally figured out how to order from Bullmoose via phone and got the BD version ordered. I opted for expedited, hoping it won't get lost in the mail by standard media mail. Still, only $26 total even with expedited. I'm happy with that.
Thanks, Gene. I still had BM points, so I picked it up for $13.98 delivered. I used media mail because another few days won't make a difference give how long we have waited. Nice to be a cheap bastard sometimes.

Back