Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to order the SACD but... the only UK outlet (MCRU) are charging a whopping £55, plus £6.95 (non-tracked!) postage! Weirdly though, the listing places it as a 4LP vinyl set, but the SKU is still the same as the AS release (CAPP 88271 SA).

Has anyone seen a better deal in the UK? Not being funny, but it's $35 in the US and the UK price for the deluxe box set is £57. With free delivery.

The Animals SACD is listed here @ Scott Nangle for pre-order, priced £35.99 excluding delivery.
I've dealt with Scott a few years back...

Sorry to say it was not a good experience...

Although a good price...my advice is to have nothing to do with him.

He advertises this type of deal , takes your money...good luck in trying to get this release or your money back without an unnecessary delay and very poor customer service.

Maybe he's changed his attitude and customer service now?

I'm just giving a heads up as to what happened to me...:confused:

He advertises this type of deal , takes your money...good luck in trying to get this release or your money back without an unnecessary delay and very poor customer service.

Yeah, I've never bought anything from SN myself so I've nothing really to add to what you say. Hopefully, the price is about right for more UK dealers once it gets released.

Similar experience.
After 3 attempts to get my order I eventually opened a dispute with VISA and got a refund. I can understand one alleged ‘shipment’ getting lost, but all three ?
There are similar stories out there.
Maybe he has happy customers too, but I’m not one of them.

I wanted to order the SACD but... the only UK outlet (MCRU) are charging a whopping £55, plus £6.95 (non-tracked!) postage! Weirdly though, the listing places it as a 4LP vinyl set, but the SKU is still the same as the AS release (CAPP 88271 SA).

Has anyone seen a better deal in the UK? Not being funny, but it's $35 in the US and the UK price for the deluxe box set is £57. With free delivery.
If you want the SACD I'd wait until it appears on amazon.com as you don't pay the £12 tax gathering fee. So it'll be $35 @ 1.18 $ to the £ (today) that is around £29.66 + 20% VAT so £35.60 + P&P. I'd avoid the Scott Nangle website as well.

I did that for the John McLaughlin/Paco De Lucia/Al Di Meola "Saturday Night In San Francisco" the $38.98 stereo SACD (+$6.16 P&P + $9.03 VAT = $54.17) will cost me around £48

I would not recommend purchasing from Scott Nangle. I have ordered from him on three occasions since last year, after members of this forum pointed me in his direction, as an alternative to ordering from Analogue Productions. The first time, I ordered an out-of-print Nat King Cole SACD (After Midnight), which was listed as "in stock" on the website. My credit card was charged immediately and I waited for a month for it to be shipped. When nothing had happened, I emailed him and was notified that it was, unfortunately, not available and out-of-print. I was then given a refund. I then gave him another chance and ordered Analogue Productions' repressed The Dark Side Of The Moon SACD, which did arrive, after six weeks.

However, this year I ordered The Wonderful World Of Male Vocalists SACD and Blood Sweat and Tears Child Is Father To The Man SACD (which is out-of-print) - never received them. After a month, I emailed him and he immediately wrote back that he had now "just shipped them". I waited three months and wrote that I had never received the shipment and requested a refund. I was refunded.

I have made hundreds of purchases during the last few years from stores and private collectors all over the world and not one of them has ever been lost in the post. Not one. Sometimes shipping has taken as long as three months and once or twice my package was returned to sender. A package disappearing from Scott Nangle from the UK to Norway would have been my first experience of this happening and I don't believe he ever sent the discs. And, magically, the Child Is Father To The Man SACD is now listed as "in stock" on his website!

So when other people have similar experiences, there is definitely a good reason to stay away!

Hi guys, I'm new here!
I was to quick on the foot this morning, only saw the link to Scott Nangle, and ordered without reading further, stupid me!! 😂
But I may have been saved, because for some reason it wasn't withdrawn from my debit-card...

Stupid thing to do, but early morning, late night and so on...I was tired... 😏

The reason for taking that route is simply because if I order it from Acoustic Sounds, it would cost me a whooping £114 with VAT and shipment to Norway... Not worth it, to me.

Last edited:
Add me to the list of people having had a bad experience with Scott Nagel, I pre-ordered Rush - Farewell... boxset from him, yes it was cheaper than anywhere else but release date came and went, nothing arrived, e-mail enquiries where ignored, it eventually arrived but I thought I'd been scammed. Would not order from him again.

I think I'll go with jpc.de for the stand-alone Blu-Ray: EUR 18.48 (once VAT is deducted) plus 3.50 shipping to the US.
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/pink-floyd-animals/hnum/10988614
@StudioAndromeda: Acoustic Sounds had an exclusive deal to release the SACD long before the Blu-Ray was announced.

Careful, the link you provided for Animals at jpc is for the cd version, here is the blu ray link
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/pink-floyd-animals/hnum/10988611
Jpc are great, so are grooves-inc

Back