Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me among the shocked ones who would have expected any standalone discs to come out months after the box...all the better to make us pace back an forth about whether to pay more for a bunch of stuff that we wouldn't ever listen to/wear/play with/blow our nose in. Thrilled with the Blu option
Oddly enough, I'm debating getting the box from Burning Shed, as it's $69 shipped. Then, grab the SACD from Acoustic Sounds for $35. I dunno.

I ordered the Blu ray from Amazon and I just ordered the SACD from Acoustic Sounds but I might cancel the Blu ray.

I'm seeing a lot of comments concerning joy over the release of a single disc Blu-Ray edition outside of the box set, and I certainly echo those sentiments, especially since the Blu-Ray edition will be out before the box set.

However, I don't anticipate that this release will set any sort of new standard for other Pink Floyd albums as Blu-Ray only releases, mainly because this release is an audio-only release of the main album. (i.e. There's no bonus tracks, live audio, video footage, etc. to flesh the album out for a truly deluxe edition, the way they can with other classic Pink Floyd albums from the era.)

Anyway, my plan is get to all three editions (Blu-Ray, SACD, and Box Set). However, the SACD will probably remain sealed as a collectors item.

:)

Animals5.1
Amazing that the band and company were willing to offer so many formats at affordable prices.
David and crew has always been a reasonable dude.
It's that other guy that's been a wanker all along.
I'm thrilled at the available separate BD!

What's the difference (besides format) between the two in this 2022 release?
AFAIK the SACD has no booklet and it's is harder to rip.

This was posted on the SHF thread, so maybe there will be a standalone blu-ray?
GOeIEtv.png

Edit: Link
I ordered the stand alone blu ray. It's really happening, finally.

"Animals 2018 Remix will be released in CD, LP, Blu-ray and SACD formats, all of which come with a 28-page booklet."

Read More: Pink Floyd Announces Long-Delayed 'Animals' Reissue
I'd be disinclined to believe specs reported by a magazine, as compared to what the official listings say: 32 pages for the deluxe set, 16 for the standalone Blu-ray, and an unspecified number for the SACD. Haven't read the listings for the standalone Redbook CD or vinyl LP.

Back