Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the ongoing auction for Pink Floyd‘s recorded masters and other rights, I am really surprised this is being released before that is settled.

But perhaps Floyd is pushing this out to to show the potential suitors the ongoing selling potential of Floyd releases.

I could imagine the firm handling the negotiations saying…
“Look, it would be good to have some type of release now to show you boys can still shift new but old product. You need to bury that hatchet Eugene and agree on getting something out there and not just a charity song.”

Band response “well, we do have something we already started in 2018 that we shelved because we bickered over it”

Management: “Perfect - who cares what’s on it, get it out there. By the way, which one’s Pink?”

Here’s hoping DSOTM may get a similar release some day (I know… when pigs fly)… with an ATMOS mix so we can argue the merits of quad, 5.1, ATMOS, and 7.1 core. That alone should keep the forum kicking.
Much as DSOTM is generally considered one of the best sounding albums of all time, I know they made a big deal in 2003 of how the 5.1 was taken from the first generation tapes instead of bounces. So a new stereo mix would also be a nice alternative.
I’d be really interested to see if they include a new stereo mix of The Wall, just for curiosity more than anything, I think the original mix is perfect. Mason’s drums sound AMAZING and can only imagine how they’d grace the soundstage in the 5.1 :love:
Not sure if everyone knows this but one thing Bob Ezrin introduced the band to during The Wall was duplicating all the tracks for overdubbing & stuff, so the original tapes would remain pristine and not lose sound quality, for the final mix. I think that certainly helped to give it a cleaner sound.
Good protection from disc rot! One should outlast the other and at least they have same version. My DSOTM blu-ray has become exactly that, i.e. dark sided! Fortunately I have a back up but only the JG version of that was put on SACD so the AP 4.0 would have gone into orbit with no return!
I hope you're aware of the replacement program. Still working apparently, check out the last few posts:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/pink-floyd-dsotm-immersion-blu-ray-failure.622880/https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-side-of-the-moon-blu-ray-disc-failure.22496/

Hm, anyone agree that it's a bit sneaky of him to link Amazon and JPC for the other formats, but not for the BD...? Almost as if he's trying to make it seem like an exclusive.

maybe a bit crafty i guess but it makes business sense! as soon as the email came in and i clicked through i actually did think it was another SDE exclusive! i should've waited to see if anybody else listed it but i jumped in impetuously. its only a couple of quid more, the shipping is the real kicker and SDE don't profit off that so fair enough, let them have the business (i can't be bothered cancelling it tbh! i'm so lazy in this middle-age crisis! 😂 )

Given the ongoing auction for Pink Floyd‘s recorded masters and other rights, I am really surprised this is being released before that is settled.

But perhaps Floyd is pushing this out to to show the potential suitors the ongoing selling potential of Floyd releases.

I could imagine the firm handling the negotiations saying…
“Look, it would be good to have some type of release now to show you boys can still shift new but old product. You need to bury that hatchet Eugene and agree on getting something out there and not just a charity song.”

Band response “well, we do have something we already started in 2018 that we shelved because we bickered over it”

Management: “Perfect - who cares what’s on it, get it out there. By the way, which one’s Pink?”

That would also explain why they have provided all the options to buy. By putting every possible configuration out there, they should maximize number of units sold.

And we are the beneficiaries..... yippeeee.

Hm, anyone agree that it's a bit sneaky of him to link Amazon and JPC for the other formats, but not for the BD...? Almost as if he's trying to make it seem like an exclusive.
You really seem to hold a grudge against Paul.
Yeah, he could probably have stated that you can order the stand alone blue-ray elsewhere. But then again, does ImportCD, Bullmoose, DeepDiscount, Burning Shed tell you where else you can buy something from? Amazon only does it when linking sources that our paying to resell through them.

Wonderful...but where is The Wall?
In the release queue.
Pink Floyd has a scheduled release plan for years to come. Seems to be Loasby's main job these days, keeping the income flowing.

Last edited:
In the release queue.

Pink Floyd has a scheduled release plan for years to come. Seems to be Loasby's main job these days, keeping the income flowing.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me like the only release right now that could take precedent above the 5.1 mix of "The Wall" would of course be the releases planned for Dark Side's 50th anniversary next year.
If that is the case, then at least they are finally giving us this "Animals" remix before trotting out their Dark Side 50th anniversary releases.

:)

All three versions from Acoustic Sounds, bought and paid for.

=========================================================================================
PRODUCT INFORMATION:
=========================================================================================

Qty Item Number Price Total Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ALEG 68717 $ 99.98 $ 99.98 Pink Floyd / Animals
1 CAPP 88271 SA $ 35.00 $ 35.00 Pink Floyd / Animals
1 CLEG 73193 $ 24.98 $ 24.98 Pink Floyd / Animals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal: $159.96 Tax: $15.39 S&H Cost: $11.60 ------------------
Total: $186.95

PRODUCT INFORMATION:

You're an ANIMAL, Markie 🐃🐂🐄🐎🐖🐏.......PIGS WILL FLY ....ENJOY, my MAN!

PRODUCT INFORMATION:

Its maddening that Acoustic Sounds only gives the shipping discount for in stock orders. What difference does it make? They have lost many a purchase from me due to this.

Its maddening that Acoustic Sounds only gives the shipping discount for in stock orders. What difference does it make? They have lost many a purchase from me due to this.

Unfortunately, even when DeepDiscount/ImportCD have their sales, their discounts ONLY apply to IN STOCK ITEMS.

And Acoustic Sounds which have not produced an SACD [only boutique vinyl reissues] in the last few years have likewise applied this mentality to the frey.

I used to look forward to Acoustic Sound's yearly 1/2 price off SACD specials, but that, likewise, has not happened in quite awhile.

Whether it has to do with physical disc DELAYS which ARE rampant or supply chain issues remains a mystery!

PRODUCT INFORMATION:

Markie
I did the same but bought the super duper DeeLuxe set from Scamazon UK,

Back