Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe a bit crafty i guess but it makes business sense! as soon as the email came in and i clicked through i actually did think it was another SDE exclusive! i should've waited to see if anybody else listed it but i jumped in impetuously. its only a couple of quid more, the shipping is the real kicker and SDE don't profit off that so fair enough, let them have the business (i can't be bothered cancelling it tbh! i'm so lazy in this middle-age crisis! 😂 )
I have the exact same story.

Not a big fan of Animals, but I will admit, I haven’t listened to the album in many years.

I would have liked to get the big deluxe box set but was surprised to see that the vinyl wasn’t half-speed mastered like A Momentary Lapse Of Reason was previously. Regardless, if the box set contained the SACD, I might have spent upwards of $150 on acquiring it. Though, I’m sure the SACD isn’t included because it’s licensed to Acoustic Sounds (Analogue Productions) for distribution.

Still a placeholder. WTF Amazon Canada? LP, CD and Boxset have been available for days
They’re always slow at Amazon.ca and it list’s the box set as ‘LP’ too.
Are you (looking at your name) from Quadra island or Street (in Victoria) or Penticton or Up somewhere out of the way?

Still a placeholder. WTF Amazon Canada? LP, CD and Boxset have been available for days
I have just about given up on Amazon.ca. I almost missed out on the Steven Wilson book, they keep pushing back the “release date” (it currently says October 11, 2022). Meanwhile it showed as sold out on Burning Shed. Luckily I got it from another seller in the UK (and it’s now back in stock on BS). Same with the Al Stewart box. Release day came and went with no release in sight. Currently out of stock on Amazon. I got it from Burning Shed, no problem. Then there is the new Bill Nelson. I can get it from Amazon but it’ll be released one week later and cost $17 more than Burning Shed. So, after all of those missteps by Amazon, I just ended up ordering the Pink Floyd from Burning Shed. Not sure what has happened, but Amazon in Canada for physical music releases is just not cutting it.

Not sure what has happened, but Amazon in Canada for physical music releases is just not cutting it.

Seems to be the same story for some physical movie releases. The 4K disc for “The Northman” from Universal released way back on June 7th and Amazon Canada has the release date set for July 19th!

I’m not going to wait around for them to update the Animals blu ray, I’ve preordered from ImportCD’s. Always had a positive experience with them, my orders usually arrive exactly 1 week after placing them.

Fellow Aussie QQer, Rob Bills, directed me to a group that found a local supplier for the SACD at AUD$67.99 with "free delivery". Birdland have it for AUD$75 + $10 postage. So I guess that's me sorted for choice.

Pink Floyd Animals Analogue Productions 2018 remix SACD
Thank you so much for that. I have had a screaming (virtual) match with Amazon UK who refuse to ship me the deluxe edition (go to our Australian store (but that store is f’ing useless)). This place has the deluxe edition and SACD for cheaper than the converted USD price!

the shipping costs out of elusive disc, absolute sound etc to Australia have got totally out of control

... I have had a screaming (virtual) match with Amazon UK who refuse to ship me the deluxe edition (go to our Australian store (but that store is f’ing useless))...
I gather you don't know that in response to the last government imposing a 10% GST on imports less than $1000 back in 2017, Amazon refused to send items to Oz as they were required to impose and collect the tax. So none of the overseas Amazon shops will send anything to Oz (except of course, unless it's done through Amazon Oz - which they set up instead - who then act as the middle-person between you and, say, Amazon US). Absurd palaver, but that's why Amazon UK refused.

Not all overseas sellers apply the 10% tax, but you'll find out if they do when it's added at the end before you buy.

For those in Oz, I did a quick whip around of a few places for the deluxe edition (i.e. with the vinyl), and the total costs to Australia in our money (converted) are roughly:

JB-HiFi (local) = $217 (lol)
Burning Shed (UK) = $115 (postage is the killer there)
ImportCDs (US) = $161
Discrepancy Records (local) = $128

But the clear winner by a mile is jpc.de (with EU VAT deducted and no 10% GST) at $98.

I've ordered many of those massive KC box sets from them, no issues (and recently, Fripp's massive "Exposures" box set, took 3 weeks from Germany to rural NSW, great packaging, nylon straps around the box, and loads of peanuts). So that's good enough for me.

Pink Floyd: Animals (2018 Remix) (Limited Deluxe Edition) (1 LP, 1 CD, 1 DVD-Audio und 1 Blu-ray Audio) – jpc

...finally was able to place my order for the Blu-ray with Amazon.ca last week. Currently, it is now showing as temporarily Out-of-stock. But here is the oddity, I got an order update from Amazon on Sunday with an expected delivery date....I am sure it is an error....I will taunt should it come true :SG

Animals.JPG

Not a big fan of Animals, but I will admit, I haven’t listened to the album in many years.

I would have liked to get the big deluxe box set but was surprised to see that the vinyl wasn’t half-speed mastered like A Momentary Lapse Of Reason was previously. Regardless, if the box set contained the SACD, I might have spent upwards of $150 on acquiring it. Though, I’m sure the SACD isn’t included because it’s licensed to Acoustic Sounds (Analogue Productions) for distribution.
tumblr_mzqn1n1WLu1s7osn1o1_1280.jpg

I am the same, had it on 8-Track back in the day and haven't listened to it since. Ordered the Blu-ray anyway to see if something jars loose.

Back