Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt Rowe (Music Tap) had a quote from Aubrey Powell (co-owner of Hipgnosis) talking about the upcoming The Later Years release. In a side note, Powell also revealed that the 5.1 SACD for Animals would see release sometime early 2020.

Sent from my K5000 using Tapatalk

I always wondered who’s handwriting it is on the inner sleeve of the original album, the lyrics and credits. It’s a really cool but creepy handwriting that looks like a demon wrote it all by hand. Not sure it’s credited in there just who it was. But I liked looking at it as a kid while listening to the album.

I always wondered who’s handwriting it is on the inner sleeve of the original album, the lyrics and credits. It’s a really cool but creepy handwriting that looks like a demon wrote it all by hand. Not sure it’s credited in there just who it was. But I liked looking at it as a kid while listening to the album.
It’s Nick Masons handwriting.

Compare it to the original drawing and writing on the Relics album and you see the similarities as Nick did that album cover. I’m sure I read it somewhere many moons ago....... thanks for all the likes too!

I wonder if Nick had seen the Tour 74 bootleg, that came out two years before Animals, the handwritten lyrics on the rear of the sleeve are very similar, maybe he got the idea for Animals.from said boot

I wonder if Nick had seen the Tour 74 bootleg, that came out two years before Animals, the handwritten lyrics on the rear of the sleeve are very similar, maybe he got the idea for Animals.from said boot

1975 was the last time they started previewing new material live. I've read that they were fed up with their rough drafts getting bootlegged. If true, that would certainly hint that he/they were aware of what was circulating.

1975 was the last time they started previewing new material live. I've read that they were fed up with their rough drafts getting bootlegged. If true, that would certainly hint that he/they were aware of what was circulating.
Indeed they were. And it was the British Winter Tour 74 bootleg specifically that was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

The Amazing Kornyfone Record Label you mean, with that weirdly boxy handwriting with equally weird text commentary/ song title listing.

I dumped all my TAKRL boots when prices (I think) peaked. But I kept the one picture disc “You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star” by Springsteen, (great art btw) which I think might be a “counterfeit” of a bootleg, which is crazy - because I am pretty sure TAKRL never did any picture discs.

Last edited:
The Amazing Kormyphone Record Label you mean, with that weirdly boxy handwriting with equally weird text commentary/ song title listing.

The Kornyfone font is also used on the original vinyl release of "Cheap Thrills", though not on the CD. Makes me wonder if it's R. Crumb's work.

The bootleg rontoon is talking about is commonly listed as having been ripped off by Kornyfone's "Raving and Drooling", but they're actually from different nights. Wizardo's "The Screaming Abdab" is apparently the original version of the Kornyfone release, though a much lower-generation complete show has circulated in [semi-] recent years.

There was a pretty long period of time where "The Screaming Abdab" was the entry on my "The house is on fire and you can only grab one thing" list.

The Kornyfone font is also used on the original vinyl release of "Cheap Thrills", though not on the CD. Makes me wonder if it's R. Crumb's work.
The consensus on a Robert Crumb Facebook group is that the Kornyphone art was not done by Crumb.

The bootleg rontoon is talking about is commonly listed as having been ripped off by Kornyfone's "Raving and Drooling", but they're actually from different nights. Wizardo's "The Screaming Abdab" is apparently the original version of the Kornyfone release, though a much lower-generation complete show has circulated in [semi-] recent years.

There was a pretty long period of time where "The Screaming Abdab" was the entry on my "The house is on fire and you can only grab one thing" list.
Wasn’t John Wazardo a principle of TAKRL, same thing different label design. I’d need to look it up again.

At any rate, I’m not so sure it’s a font, but rather someone’s real handwriting doing it all freehand.

Back