Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the box will have a "pop up" Pig . :D

Attachments

• 20210605_121033.jpg
    20210605_121033.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210605_121057.jpg
    20210605_121057.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210605_121248.jpg
    20210605_121248.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 74
Was that a joke, about the liner notes being the reason for the delay? And does Roger, having agreed that they won't be used, really think that publishing them online is in some twisted way, a fait accompli lol. Had they (said liner notes) been informative, in depth, utilising information gleaned from all parties involved then yes...publish and be damned. They're not in that category at all though, are they? They read like a schoolkid's essay and reading between the lines that is perhaps what was commissioned, something vague and simplistic. I'm not surprised that they have been rejected and frankly I am surprised that Roger would seek to make such a big deal out of their rejection, publishing the sub-standard notes as some kind of coup d'etat in a stupid war of his own making...the mind boggles lol. I mean, what's the point when it comes down to it? The point is nothing other than more of his "look at me!!!" agenda, sigh...you know, he doesn't need this, his importance as a founder member and genius songwriter (especially concerning Pink Floyd) is assured. Maybe there's something else going on, apart from a simple ego-trip which is, he has to know, what it appears to be.

I sure hope there is a stand alone sacd / blu ray for the 5.1 surround mix. As much as I have complained about marbles and scarfs, including vinyl keeps me from buying this upcoming Animals box set. The price gouging for including vinyl makes me depressed. Adding vinyl to box sets with surround mixes is becoming way too common.

No reason for them not to at least add the Oakland show. It’s just as good as the Wembley shows that were cleaned up for DSOTM Immersion. In The Flesh was my first concert and still the best.
AJ worked on the Oakland show and it still fell way below the band's standards. It's not even close to the quality of the Wembley 74 show.

I heard they're going to have a special deluxe large road case version of the box set with every show from the Animals tour mixed in both 5.1 and 4.0 surround. The 4.0 mixes will be faithful to the live quad mixes from the shows. The 5.1 mix will be a more discrete immersive mix. They just recently discovered full multitrack recordings from the tour. The band have asked Rick Wakeman to make a video announcement for this in honor of Rick Wright.
Of course, Rick will be making the announcement on ice.

I sure hope there is a stand alone sacd / blu ray for the 5.1 surround mix. As much as I have complained about marbles and scarfs, including vinyl keeps me from buying this upcoming Animals box set. The price gouging for including vinyl makes me depressed. Adding vinyl to box sets with surround mixes is becoming way too common.
Yeah like I had to buy a big box with 2 LPs for the latest Opeth Blu-Ray (I did sell it just afterwards).

Back