Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is from Wolfgang's website. Has it been provedn false?

"The first night, May 9, 1977, is often considered to be one of the greatest performances of the band's career. The band members seemed to enjoy the show just as much as their rapt audience"

"Bill Graham's partial soundboard recording of this legendary performance begins near the end of the first set, approximately eight minutes into the final sequence of "Pigs (Three Different Ones)." The piece is relaxed but focused, with Rick Wright's spooky synth and one of the band's heavier jams highlighting this set-ending performance"
Yes, proven false. I contacted WV when they first started streaming it. I told them that there was a complete performance, sent them a copy to prove it but they didn't care. They confirmed that it was the same recording (obvious to anyone that's heard both) but all WV cared about is that they legally licensed it from Bill Graham's collection. Not that Bill ever owned the rights to it to begin with. It was just a copy of Reinhart's recording in his collection and no one ever challenged it.

Last edited:
Yes, proven false. I contacted WV when they first started streaming it. I told them that there was a complete performance, sent them a copy to prove it but they didn't care. They confirmed that it was the same recording (obvious to anyone that's heard both) but all WV cared about is that they legally licensed it from Bill Graham's collection. Not that Bill ever owned the rights to it to begin with. It was just a copy of Reinhart's recording in his collection and no one ever challenged it.
Thank you. That effectively ends my dream.

The version of “Pigs on the Wing” from the 8-track cartridge is a must-have bonus track.
There might be a few members who have not yet heard this version of the Animals track.

I did my own transfer of Pigs on the Wing (8-Track cartridge version) with Snowy White guitar solo. If one looks at youtube one will see several uploads claiming to be the 8-track version but are almost all the bad remix from the Snowy White compilation. Or they are in fact that 8-track, but they are even worse sounding with wow / flutter issues, or like one of them I heard recently - it runs way too slow. So during some time off from work during the holiday break I broke out my 8-track tape and did a good transfer.

I took some 1977 PF pictures I had on hand on hand and did a quick slide show for your Animals entertainment until we get this in a deluxe edition coming hopefully soon. Enjoy!

password is "pink"

Last edited:
I was just on Facebook and the Pink Floyd page was highlighting Animals. It said”Oink, Oink, Woof, Woof, Baaa.” Could this mean it’s coming? The link was to streaming sites and the band’s merch page, but it has to mean something, right?

I was just on Facebook and the Pink Floyd page was highlighting Animals. It said”Oink, Oink, Woof, Woof, Baaa.” Could this mean it’s coming? The link was to streaming sites and the band’s merch page, but it has to mean something, right?

“Animals” was originally released on today’s date in 1977 so the post could simply mean that they are highlighting the album’s original release date on social media. It could have nothing to do with the SACD and 5.1 mix.

There might be a few members who have not yet heard this version of the Animals track.

I did my own transfer of Pigs on the Wing (8-Track cartridge version) with Snowy White guitar solo. If one looks at youtube one will see several uploads claiming to be the 8-track version but are almost all the bad remix from the Snowy White compilation. Or they are in fact that 8-track, but they are even worse sounding with wow / flutter issues, or like one of them I heard recently - it runs way too slow. So during some time off from work during the holiday break I broke out my 8-track tape and did a good transfer.

I took some 1977 PF pictures I had on hand on hand and did a quick slide show for your Animals entertainment until we get this in a deluxe edition coming hopefully soon. Enjoy!

password is "pink"

Thanks for making and posting this; Snowy's got some sweet vibrato on that, and NO, it's not wow/flutter! :p :cool:

Uh oh ....

Why Pink Floyd Can’t Agree on an ‘Animals’ Reissue

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/roger-waters-tour-postponed-2021-984579/
Read More: Why Pink Floyd Can't Agree on an 'Animals' Reissue | Why Pink Floyd Can't Agree on an 'Animals' Reissue

“Waters also revealed that the discussion with Gilmour and Mason was focused on reissues. “[The conversation] was just can we release the remastered vinyl of Animals without it turning into the third World War?” he explained, referring to the 5.1 surround sound mix of Pink Floyd’s 1977 album, which has been in the works for more than two years now.

“I actually suggested going democratic,” Waters noted. “I said, ‘Why don’t we just have a vote? There’s only three of us. And then we can decide all those like that.’ And at least we can just get on. But they wouldn’t have that. They didn’t want it.””

Uh oh ....

Why Pink Floyd Can’t Agree on an ‘Animals’ Reissue

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/roger-waters-tour-postponed-2021-984579/
Read More: Why Pink Floyd Can't Agree on an 'Animals' Reissue | Why Pink Floyd Can't Agree on an 'Animals' Reissue

“Waters also revealed that the discussion with Gilmour and Mason was focused on reissues. “[The conversation] was just can we release the remastered vinyl of Animals without it turning into the third World War?” he explained, referring to the 5.1 surround sound mix of Pink Floyd’s 1977 album, which has been in the works for more than two years now.

“I actually suggested going democratic,” Waters noted. “I said, ‘Why don’t we just have a vote? There’s only three of us. And then we can decide all those like that.’ And at least we can just get on. But they wouldn’t have that. They didn’t want it.””
I would have guessed David was the one opposing to Animals release, but Nick also blocking it? There has to be something more that Roger is not confessing in the interview

Back