Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no use for Roger in any form
If you're listening to anything Pink Floyd did up to the mid 80s that's a false statement. And I can tell you for a fact they're in agreement on politics, so that's most definitely not the issue here. This is a personal issue, we are not privy to the details, and it takes two to tango. As I said before, I'm not faulting anyone, it's their lives and their wishes and I respect both of them, they certainly don't care what I or anyone else thinks. It's still sad, and more than anything else it's a shame that we're not getting the stuff we're so eagerly waiting for. But it is what it is, there's enough to enjoy for the rest of our lives so I, personally, am thankful for what we do have.

When I learned Gilmore, would not allow "When The Tigers Break Free" to be on The Final Cut, because, he felt, it was too personal, I realized, he was the problem.
I wish I could share my Animals 5.1 mix. It's awesome.
I never heard this before. IIRC it was never meant for the revised Final Cut album and eventually made it onto it anyway so Gilmour didn't stop it. You should also learn to spell his name correctly.

I believe David did something he really didn't want to do, the Live 8 concert, but put aside his personal feelings for a charitable cause he felt strongly about. Many thought that would bring about a further reconciliation but it's clear now after 15 years that's not going to happen.

The two of them did appear together later at a charity event and sang "To Know Him Is to Love Him", which was a pretty brilliant choice under the circumstances.

I never heard this before. IIRC it was never meant for the revised Final Cut album and eventually made it onto it anyway so Gilmour didn't stop it. You should also learn to spell his name correctly.
It was meant for The Wall and never made it in, indeed, because "other members of the band" decided it was too personal. Which is strange because The Wall is about Roger through and through. But not sure that tells us anything about who "is the problem"...

The two of them did appear together later at a charity event and sang "To Know Him Is to Love Him", which was a pretty brilliant choice under the circumstances.
Totally forgot about that one. The whole thing was pretty amazing and they did appear to be quite loving. Doing something they believe in brings out the best in them, I suppose.

By the time we actually get ANIMALS in 5.1, it'll probably be retitled

Framed Pigs In Blankets Print

🐷🐷🐷PIGS in BLANKETS🐷🐷🐷

It was meant for The Wall and never made it in, indeed, because "other members of the band" decided it was too personal. Which is strange because The Wall is about Roger through and through. But not sure that tells us anything about who "is the problem"...

Totally forgot about that one. The whole thing was pretty amazing and they did appear to be quite loving. Doing something they believe in brings out the best in them, I suppose.
Is there a video or audio of the performance oh romance of "To know Him is to Love Him"?

Indeed, it simply does not fit onto a 45 min. LP record length. It remains a nice 45 7" release, and a so-so bonus track. I never heard about a fight over it's inclusion.

I still need to needle drop my 7" to 24/96 digital, as I hear it is a different mix than the TFC bonus track mix.(?)

Possibly Dave is still a bit pissed that Roger erased Dave's guitar tracks one night, I believe Dave has mentioned when he went back in to rerecord the lost bits he never quit laid them down
quit as good as the lost ones. ?

I posted this on the other board. In case no one read it there, I thought I would include it here since it is very relevant to the thread.

The end of the article really stands out to me:

Mettler: Can you discuss any of your future hi-res/5.1 (re)mixing plans? Have you and Roger discussed doing other albums from his solo canon, such as [1984’s] The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking and [1987’s] Radio K.A.O.S., or other Floyd material like [1977’s] Animals?

Guthrie: I’m going to be starting a 5.1 mix of The Wall soon — the original studio album, that is. And we have discussed Animals. We haven’t talked about Pros and Cons or K.A.O.S., but you never know!

[This was in 2015, years after he first talked about "baking the tapes". I wonder if this is still a possibility?]

Mettler: Fingers crossed, then! Do you have a personal “dream” project or projects you’d love to sink your remixing teeth into, so to speak? When he and I were talking last year, Nick Mason told me he’d love to hear Meddle and [1968’s] A Saucerful of Secrets — and especially the song “Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun” — get 5.1 mixes, as well as some of Pink Floyd’s earliest, Syd Barrett-era recordings.

Guthrie: In addition to The Wall, I want to do Animals and The Final Cut. The very early work that was recorded on 4-track would be tricky, obviously, because there is less discrete information available, but I agree with Nick: Meddle would be fun.

[Verrrrry interesting...]

Back