Pink Floyd / Atom Heart Mother 50th anniversary Japanese exclusive

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it's probably a clone of the quad master from the Early Years set? Do they say anything about that though? This would be the first stand alone release of AHM then? And include the original stereo mix in HD? (The Early Years only has the quad mix.)

Just actually looked it up.
No mention of the quad mix on the bluray. Or even the HD stereo master for that matter!
A fan shared film?

I think this is a new bootleg.

Last edited:
So, it's probably a clone of the quad master from the Early Years set? Do they say anything about that though? This would be the first stand alone release of AHM then? And include the original stereo mix in HD? (The Early Years only has the quad mix.)
No quad that I know of just the videos on Blu-Ray and extra paper exclusives….completely worth every penny!! If you order from Amazon Japan you get even more than from CD Japan

Picked up 2 copies…from Amazon…limited to 3

Yeah oredered mine with CDJAPAN - u can switch the shipping to not tracking and not insured for like a lot less.......I have bought many things on CDJAPAN using that shipping and have had no probs.....although it takes awhile for sure. :rolleyes:

GOOGLE TRANSLATION OF THE JAPAN AMAZON PAGE:

Historical new discovery! Miracle excavation! Video recording of the phantom "Hakone Aphrodite" that is now vividly revived!

50th Anniversary of Pink Floyd's first performance in Japan "Hakone Aphrodite"! Miraculous Japan's original project-CD on 7-inch paper jacket of "Atom Heart Mother" and finally new discovery! From the original film 50 years ago A set of 2 discs that recorded the video of. "Pink Floyd's first ever Japanese original project" has been realized as a recording of Japanese original images and sound sources!

● 50th Anniversary of Japan's first outdoor rock festival "Hakone Aphrodite" held on August 6th and 7th, 1971
-Finally discovered a 16mm original film of "Atom Heart Mother" at Hakone Aphrodite in 1971, which had been wrapped in "mystery" until now! Video!
● Digitized from 16mm film using the latest technology, restored and remastered after 3 years (sound source also uses "Hakone Aphrodite" live sound source)
-Furthermore, the newly discovered B-roll-like "Scott & Watts" is also recorded as a bonus video! It is the first time in history that you can see the video when setting up Hakone Aphrodite!
● Released on August 4, 2021 (Wednesday), just before August 6 and 7, which marks the 50th anniversary of "Hakone Aphrodite"!

Pink Floyd's first visit to Japan, a special package commemorating the 50th anniversary of Hakone Aphrodite
-Pink Floyd's first 7-inch paper jacket specification (reprint of the commemorative obi at that time)
-Discover a lot of unpublished photos at that time! Includes 5 major benefits including Japan's original special photo booklet!
Includes 5 major benefits, including a special booklet that can be said to be a documentary of Pink Floyd's first visit in 1971.
⓵ "All 60P special booklet unique to Japan full of unpublished photos)
⓶ "Hakone Aphrodite Pamphlet" reprint
⓷ Reprint of "Venue Guide Map Flyer"
⓸ "Osaka performance poster" reprint
⓹ "Hakone Aphrodite Ticket" reprint

● Digital Booklet: "Recollection of" Hakone Aphrodite 1971 ""
(If you access from the address enclosed in the product, you can see a special book containing testimonies, experiences, valuable secret stories, stories of blood, sweat and tears of Hakone Aphrodite officials and witnesses)
In the latter half of the 1960s, the Monterey Pop Festival and Woodstock were held overseas, and in 1971, many overseas artists came to Japan. Scale outdoor lock
Decided to hold the festival "Hakone Aphrodite". However, it is not well known that there were various difficulties and efforts to realize it, and great hardships ... Includes testimonies of people involved and witnesses at the time and stories of blood, sweat and tears. What was Pink Floyd's first visit to Japan in 1971? And what was the legendary "Hakone Aphrodite"? 50 years ago, Japanese rock fans first experienced the rock festival "Hakone Aphrodite". We will unravel from the stories of the people involved and reexamine the historical fact that the origins of Japanese rock festivals such as Fuji Rock and Summer Sonic were here.
⓵ Preamble (What is Japan's first outdoor rock festival Hakone Aphrodite?)
⓶ "Memorandum of Understanding for" Hakone Aphrodite ""-Akinobu Kamebuchi (At that time, All Night Nippon DJ / Aphrodite A stage progresser)
⓷ "Summer of 1971 ~ Legend of Aphrodite" -Naoki Tachikawa
⓸ "The excitement of seeing PINK FLOYD in front of you and the intense lingering sound that never awakens" -Masanori Ito
⓹ "1971 Pink Floyd Osaka Festival Hall Performance Experience"
Witness 1: Isao Matsui (former eventer, producer) A 21-year-old college student at the time.
Witness 2: Hideo Seko (former record company promotion) At that time, he was a 19-year-old ronin.
Witness 3: Yuichi Minami (currently Eventer) A 15-year-old high school student at the time.
⓺ "Memoirs of" Hakone Aphrodite ""-Mitsunori Sasa (At that time, Deputy Director of Nippon Broadcasting System Production Department / General Producer of Hakone Aphrodite Production)
⓻ "Secret story of naming" Aphrodite ""-Fumihiko Imura (at that time, Chief of Nippon Broadcasting System Division)
⓼ "Concert Sound and Hakone Aphrodite in Japan" -Hiroaki Hibino (Chairman of the Board, Hibino Co., Ltd.)
⓽ "Pink Floyd in 1971" -Hiroyuki Ayuzawa
⓾ Postscript-Tetsuya Shiraki (About the background of the discovery of the phantom film)

■ Recorded songs
[Disc1: CD]
01: Atom Heart Mother
a Father's cry
b Breasts with plenty of milk
c Mother fore
d: Annoying Koyashi
e Watch out for your throat
f: Reproduction
02: What if
03: Summer '68
04: Fat Old Sun
05: Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
a Rise and Shine
b Sunny side up
c Morning Glory

[Disc2: Blu-ray Disc]
01: Atom Heart Mother (Hakone Aphrodite 1971)
01: Scott & Watts (Hakone Aphrodite B-roll)

* It will end as soon as the stock runs out.

Just seen this thread, after posting on
:unsure: I wonder if it is the Quad mix on the Blu-ray? Nothing indicates it is, but then nothing says it isn't! .................. and I already have it in the Early Years box set, on SQ LP, and the cost + postage, import duty + tax gathering fee would be high, but ..... 😰
Phew! no Quad so I definitely won't be buying it.................... or will I weaken :eek::ROFLMAO:

So you are now saying that Sony Music Japan (SMJ) are now releasing BOOTLEGS?
Yeah that seems kind of silly to suggest. Hmmm...
The extra paper goods are worth the PRICE of ADMISSION alone....IMHO
Sure. I enjoy these things when I get my hands on them. I just shop for the audio files first. Maybe this is just not focused on the album itself and more about the film and maybe that's really what it suggests?

I should wait for Ron to tell us what this is.

Last edited:
Yeah that seems kind of silly to suggest. Hmmm...

Sure. I enjoy these things when I get my hands on them. I just shop for the audio files first. Maybe this is just not focused on the album itself and more about the film and maybe that's really what it suggests?

I should wait for Ron to tell us what this is.
It seems to me that the CD is the full show (AND NOT A COPY OF THE STUDIO ALBUM) and that the BR is just Atom Heart Mother.....but who really knows at this point.....just hoping the AUDIO is really special.....but I still stand by my statement that IMHO the paper goods are worth the PRICE OF ADMISSION

So if I'm reading this right, the BR will have just the title track, and footage of them "travelling around Japan, together with some additional bonus footage of Pink Floyd's crew, setting up the show, dealing with issues, etc." (from the Brain Damage fan site).

I imagine most fans will have the album anyway, even the quad mix, so that's a lot of money for a c.23 minute clip of the band's performance (AUD$96.20 - which, of course, I did buy as I can offer a variant of the George Best rationalisation: "I spent a lot of money on booze, CDs, and surround sound - the rest I just squandered").

Is that how others are reading the info.? Just the title track on the BR, not the album or any other song?

So if I'm reading this right, the BR will have just the title track, and footage of them "travelling around Japan, together with some additional bonus footage of Pink Floyd's crew, setting up the show, dealing with issues, etc." (from the Brain Damage fan site).

I imagine most fans will have the album anyway, even the quad mix, so that's a lot of money for a c.23 minute clip of the band's performance (AUD$96.20 - which, of course, I did buy as I can offer a variant of the George Best rationalisation: "I spent a lot of money on booze, CDs, and surround sound - the rest I just squandered").

Is that how others are reading the info.? Just the title track on the BR, not the album or any other song?
That’s only my GUESS…from the track list…I don’t know for sure but I’m still getting it for the most part because of the CD and extra memorabilia

The notice has been on SHF since this past Wednesday….boy are we behind the times here….link below

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...released-in-japan-with-bonus-blu-ray.1092891/
and here as well
https://www.brain-damage.co.uk/late...y-pink-floyd-hakone-atom-heart-mother-re.html
This must be a totally different edition or wrong description from Tower Records….now I’m confused
https://towerrecords.com/products/p...B-JDnGGtFvB_enZ0gBwTyYf-K5_qkF5xoCO1wQAvD_BwE
To me at this point….I DONT THINK ANYONE KNOWS SQUAT….Now even I’m DAZED & CONFUSED!!

Last edited:
Back