Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
A "short" just popped up on the Floyd's official YouTube channel. (For some reason I can't insert it like a normal YouTube clip). It says it's a "TDSOTM 50th Anniversary Teaser". Let the speculation begin....

TDSOTM 50th Anniversary Teaser (Breathe)

You'd think they could get the Animals box released before they started teasing another one.... 🤔

In terms of surround sound, there's only one new thing they could offer us, and that is of course a new Dolby Atmos mix of the album.
Besides that, I can't think of much else that they could add to a 50th anniversary edition that hasn't already been released in the Immersion edition.

I'm not a big fan of any of the Guthrie 5.1 PF mixes to date. I'm not sure if letting him experiment with Atmos on what may be the most revered of recordings is a good or bad thing. I guess well see what comes out, and if it is indeed any different than what we already have.

I'm not a big fan of any of the Guthrie 5.1 PF mixes to date. I'm not sure if letting him experiment with Atmos on what may be the most revered of recordings is a good or bad thing. I guess well see what comes out, and if it is indeed any different than what we already have.

Not a big fan? Have you heard the Quad version? To this day, when I play it in my car, people are amazed, at the sonic fidelity.
After hearing "Us & Them", if you're unimpressed..........

Not a big fan? Have you heard the Quad version? To this day, when I play it in my car, people are amazed, at the sonic fidelity.
After hearing "Us & Them", if you're unimpressed..........
Guthrie didn't mix the quad version, Alan Parsons did. Guthrie did the 5.1 mix which pales in comparison, though he did get a bit more fidelity out of it.

Back