Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSOTM_2.jpg

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...y-of-Pink-Floyd’s-‘The-Dark-Side-of-the-Moon’

I've heard it in full its a 10/10 masterpiece its really that good the mix is unbelievable.
The Dark Side Of The Moon (50th Anniversary) Dolby Atmos is now on Apple Music
Listening to it now, wow, great job on the Atmos mix, I love it.
Great presentation by Apple, playing it in all it's gapless glory!
Now I got to have a BD of it in it's uncompressed, full DR, version.
It's too good to only have like this.

I bought the box set earlier today. Just sampled the atmos mix: It sounds very good to me, and it is a very active and discrete mix in many parts. On the Run is a demo track. I wasn't totally satisfied with Money and Us and Them (I understand why other members would prefer the quad). Time sounds better than the 5.1. Just very preliminary impressions. Happy to have it.

I bought the box set earlier today. Just sampled the atmos mix: It sounds very good to me, and it is a very active and discrete mix in many parts. On the Run is a demo track. I wasn't totally satisfied with Money and Us and Them (I understand why other members would prefer the quad). Time sounds better than the 5.1. Just very preliminary impressions. Happy to have it.
I loved us and them when the backing vocal mass harmonies come in it sounds epic, each to their own. I still think with time they may release the atmos mix separately like the picked apart the later years box. Time will tell

I'm listening to it on Apple here, I mentioned elsewhere that I think
I can hear that the tapes are 50 yo. The very top end seems to be
missing, just a bit soft. Not a realy bad thing but what are you going
to do???
I prefer the quad mix
I find it a toss up. The quad was done when the tapes were near new.
Even the 5.1 was done 20 years ago for the 30th.
I find the Atmos giving up a bit of the very top end and maybe a bit of inner detail with it.
But it offers a really great immersive listening experience that surpasses the quad.
YMMV

Question to those who had ordered online: Did it come packed in an additional box by the manufacturer? There is a good price currently on Amazon France but I would order only if it comes within a separate box. We all know how poor Amazon handles these things...

Thanks!

Back