Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened to most of the new mix on Apple Music (in 5.1 I don't have Atmos yet) and from what I heard it seems to fall somewhere between the quad and the 5.1 mix in my opinion. It's definitely immersive like the 5.1 but it's also a bit more discreet than the 5.1 at times like the quad. Would love to hear it in Atmos sometime. Also would love to get the Blu-ray but I don't think it's worth the price at the moment.

My little, self indulgent, treat, has just arrived.

Playing the Atmos now.

I recently turned the volume up in my front and back height speakers.

Man, is this soooo good.

Excuse me, while I completely lose myself in this iconic music.
Oh no, reading this I'm beginning to feel weak, will I succumb to the Dark Side and purchase it......................

As a long time member of QQ, I don't debate, just tell my experience.
I purchased the 50th Pink Floyd box set, it arrived today.
Biggest, heaviest box set ever, wow man.
I can't even open it yet as I am digging, very much the Ten Years After- Atmos- Blu Ray, wow, just excellent.
Plenty of time for Pink Floyd later.
IMG_3611.jpg

Last edited:
As a long time member of QQ, I don't debate, just tell my experience.
I purchased the 50th Pink Floyd box set, it arrived today.
Biggest, heaviest box set ever, wow man.
I can't even open it yet as I am digging, very much the Ten Years After- Atmos- Blu Ray, wow, just excellent.
Plenty of time for Pink Floyd later.View attachment 89969
A TRUE audiophile, Markie. Glad to see you took the grilles off your B&W Speakers and REL sub. It sure does sound better without them.

And you KNOW you're going to LOVE DSOTM in ATMOS!

Did you get any yard work done? Cali has probably experienced the worst weather in all the years you and VG have lived there. Time for a BREAK! But I'm sure it was good for the roofing business!

I'm soon finished listening to this from Apple Music in Atmos and I'm pleasently surprised. It's a much better Atmos mix than I anticipated. Maybe it sounds better from BluRay, but this is good enough for me. :cool:
Oh come now, surely you have an extra $300 plus shipping plus VAT plus Import Duty lying around for something you’ve heard in various configurations at least 18,000 times. ;)

Yes, that Apple Music subscription is looking like a better deal more and more every day.

Oh come now, surely you have an extra $300 plus shipping plus VAT plus Import Duty lying around for something you’ve heard in various configurations at least 18,000 times. ;)

Yes, that Apple Music subscription is looking like a better deal more and more every day.
you know things have come to a pretty pass when ol' Freddie "money bags" McB here can't justify buying one of those big a$$ box $et$ to get the precious Surround.. 👀😈😋

you know things have come to a pretty pass when ol' Freddie "money bags" McB here can't justify buying one of those big a$$ box $et$ to get the precious Surround.. 👀😈😋
T.O.M.B.S. are alive and well apparently-

and just when I was relenting and decided to pull the trigger (only ‘cause my Amazon points would cover the cost; hey I’d already gotten an Immersion blood bath on me wallet!) the bloody thing is no longer available!
can’t win for losing, which bum is Pink now? 😬

R.343d1c7f2b7b3e36b747014b247a1dab

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue Moon
You knew just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for
And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper, "Please, adore me"
And when I looked the moon had turned to ATMOS gold, oh, oh, oh

I love Atmos music from Apple, worth every Norwegian krone I pay for it. :cool:

This video I thought was pretty cool. Some of the interviews are older recordings (obvs) but they also discuss the 50th anniversary. I like how they came up with the idea for the box design - inspired by an Egyptian sarcophagus. It is a great design!

Also this is the book that inspired the iconic cover!

Howandwhywonderbookoflightcolor.jpg

Last edited:
Back