Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger, bugger, bugger and more bugger. I gave in. Just bought the box set via Ebay new. Still cheaper than Amazon. Now the wait is on.....

Attachments

• atmos.jpg
    atmos.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
I'm finally getting a glimpse of the Atmos mix albeit not to its full sonic glory and it took some doing. To play the ripped M4A Atmos-encoded files I had to download the Dolby Access app to my laptop, install it and set it up. I then connected my laptop to my Yamaha 7.1 audio receiver via HDMI and the Atmos signal reads as Dolby TrueHD / 48k / 3-4-0.1.

I'm basically listening to a 7.1 down mix of the Atmos and all things considered, I gotta admit its pretty cool - a fuller, more immersive presentation than the previous 5.1 release. And while I don't have sounds panning above me, my 7-speaker set up (with sub) is certainly the next best thing. :dance

Could it be??? First off, a little history on my order of this box set.

I waited until a few days ago to finally try to order this..only to find out nearly all US vendors were sold out. Yet, I found one on Amazon US, only it was being sold by Oxforshire England (and, shipped from England)

It shipped out immediately, but the ETA was April 12-27. Damn..... So, within Amazon, when I click track package, all it shows me is below. Fairly worthless bit of information....

1680195179505.png

Just now, I receive an email from UPS (UPS, not USPS) see below...huh? I have no clue what this is, but could it be?? Could this be the DSOTM box set? Never heard of Landmark Global UK either.....
so I'm just not sure.

1680195269206.png

For anyone still looking for a DSOTM 50th set in Canada, there's a store in Quebec that is still selling them online called Aux33tours. The site is in French, but I ordered one from them and it shipped yesterday. It's set to arrive Monday. Price was $315 CAD. It's still showing up on their website so presumably it's still in stock.

In relation to the 50th anniversary box set does anyone have knowledge of problems with the blu-ray that has the quad mix in the Immersion box set? I recently bought an immersion box set on ebay just to get the blu-ray and they sent me a sealed box set but the blu-ray will not load on any of my blu-ray players including my main OPPO-205. All the other disc's in that box set load fine just not the blu-ray. Any insight would be appreciated as I am trying to return it and the seller and he is giving me grief by saying there should not be a problem since it was a sealed box set. Thanks.

In relation to the 50th anniversary box set does anyone have knowledge of problems with the blu-ray that has the quad mix in the Immersion box set? I recently bought an immersion box set on ebay just to get the blu-ray and they sent me a sealed box set but the blu-ray will not load on any of my blu-ray players including my main OPPO-205. All the other disc's in that box set load fine just not the blu-ray. Any insight would be appreciated as I am trying to return it and the seller and he is giving me grief by saying there should not be a problem since it was a sealed box set. Thanks.
We live in a very dry (humidity wise) area, especially in winter. We have an Oppo 203 that will sometimes ignore a disc if it has some static on it. We walk across a huge rug which causes this on some blu rays. Wierd though that regular dvd's don't do this.. We just very lightly wipe it with clean dry micro, re-insert and all fine. Give it a try..just in case. It's bad sometimes when we make spark/snap noises. Summertime is always a-ok. Hopefully not a 'bad' disk.

Last edited:
Could it be??? First off, a little history on my order of this box set.

I waited until a few days ago to finally try to order this..only to find out nearly all US vendors were sold out. Yet, I found one on Amazon US, only it was being sold by Oxforshire England (and, shipped from England)

It shipped out immediately, but the ETA was April 12-27. Damn..... So, within Amazon, when I click track package, all it shows me is below. Fairly worthless bit of information....

View attachment 90087

Just now, I receive an email from UPS (UPS, not USPS) see below...huh? I have no clue what this is, but could it be?? Could this be the DSOTM box set? Never heard of Landmark Global UK either.....
so I'm just not sure.

View attachment 90088

So, if I actually go to UPS site, type in the tracking number, Landmark Global UK comes up with an address of Chicago! And, digging a little deeper, the weight of this shipment matches (within a few ounces) the weight of the DSOTM box set. Yippie....lol

So, if I actually go to UPS site, type in the tracking number, Landmark Global UK comes up with an address of Chicago! And, digging a little deeper, the weight of this shipment matches (within a few ounces) the weight of the DSOTM box set. Yippie....lol
Your in business! You got it...or rather getting

Reactions: GOS
Last edited:
A much discussed (and documented) issue, unfortunately:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-side-of-the-moon-blu-ray-disc-failure.22496/https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/faulty-immersion-br-disks.24801/

Both the DSOTM and WYWH Immersion Box Blu Ray's had issues - (my DTOSM Blu Ray would not play at all) and replacement programmes were put in place. I was lucky that I was able to replace the faulty discs in both sets but the programme was closed last September presumably ahead of the planned new 50th anniversary box and given that the Immersion boxes were released in 2011 they had to draw the line somewhere.

First day in the last 2 weeks with 5 minutes to spare. I've had the stupid black box inside a wardrobe until today as it does not fit in any of my shelves. What I did in the end is the following:
1. The two records went out of the golden box and into individual, protective plastic sleeves to be stored in order with the rest of the vinyl. Hype sticker out of the big box is now on one of the plastic sleeves
2. All CD, Blu-ray, DVD, vinyl singles, songbook and planetarium programme fit inside the golden box, that now fits in the shelf with the other deluxe sets.
3. Book is to be stored separately, with the rest of the books.
4. Big box with all the useless portfolios went inside the inner cardboard box that Amazon used to ship it. Sealed and marked, it goes to the storage room to make some company to TEY box (If I eventually move home, I guess they will both either be sold or recycled)

Now everything is tided up, I'll have to find another 43 spare minutes to listen to the Atmos mix properly. During the weeks I sampled it very quickly and could not understand yet all the high praises the mix is receiving. But it's being a dreadful period and I'm completely exhausted, so most likely I'm not fairly judging.

Apparently my University is doing a listening event tomorrow night in Atmos - I think I'm going to check it out. Anyone else in the area or nearby (Southern IL) want to join? CTE to host surround sound listening event to celebrate Pink Floyd

For people wondering how far Carbondale is from Chicago, it's far. Illinois is literally bigger than England. But even with Chicago, it's much emptier: MapFight - England vs Illinois (US) size comparison
Ah, SIU. Vaguely remember listening to a lot of Bowie/Pink Floyd/Young back in the day. Wonderful Halloween celebrations as well...as far as I can remember.

Too good to be true. UPS says the package is delayed and they don't know what the ETA is yet. LOL!

Back