HiRez Poll Pink Floyd - DARK SIDE OF THE MOON [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Pink Floyd - DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
I truly dont know if its bootleg or just licensed for EU / Russian market.
However looks legit. Sounds great. No issues w playback...so OK by me
So, I avoid any discs coming out of the Russian Federation. They are almost assuredly bootlegs. All that I've seen listed, anyway.
I'm glad you found a way to enjoy an album, but I'm pretty sure it's not ok on QQ to openly, knowingly discuss boots.
Plus, you're putting money in the pockets of criminals, not fellow fans or labels. If we send our money in the right direction, it supports our cherished hobby.
Hopefully some good food for thought for you. You should care.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

The real problem with buying these "unofficial" versions is that you are giving potential hackers a lot of information about yourself...your name and complete address and your buyers ID and confirmation that you have a pay pal account....I know because months after I bought one from mother Russia my Ebay account was compromised....it doesn't take much for a professional hacker to gain access to your account...and from there they can go into your personal life....I'd be watchful of Taiwan as well for another reason...sometimes there are legit releases of titles in Asia that were produced without access to the master tapes and they don't sound nearly as good....

Last edited:
Newer converts to surround music usually get burned on at least one title take it from me. I bought what I thought was a legit disc once because of an insane appetite for anything surround.
It's about being uninformed is all, I never participated even in swapping music (napster) which still goes on today (wink, wink) some won't talk about it but do it on the sly, than scold others that exchange money to aquire their highly cherished and sought after titles.
Knowing guys that tried to make it in the music business and failed is tough and all artists deserve to be compensated for their music.
There are a few Blu-ray titles on eBay that are selling in the 10 dollar range, I try to inform buyers to stay away from the China or Russian Federation discs cause those are surely not properly licensed products. But if it's something you have to have, and just knowing it's taking money away from the artists and putting it in the coffers of possibly a criminal enterprise that's all we can do is educate.

Newer converts to surround music usually get burned on at least one title take it from me. I bought what I thought was a legit disc once because of an insane appetite for anything surround.
It's about being uninformed is all, I never participated even in swapping music (napster) which still goes on today (wink, wink) some won't talk about it but do it on the sly, than scold others that exchange money to aquire their highly cherished and sought after titles.
Knowing guys that tried to make it in the music business and failed is tough and all artists deserve to be compensated for their music.
There are a few Blu-ray titles on eBay that are selling in the 10 dollar range, I try to inform buyers to stay away from the China or Russian Federation discs cause those are surely not properly licensed products. But if it's something you have to have, and just knowing it's taking money away from the artists and putting it in the coffers of possibly a criminal enterprise that's all we can do is educate.

GOOD POINT!! If you buy that shit, you are most likely buying a boot-or unlicensed copy. Why do you think it's so inexpensive? I shelled out good for my copy, no regrets, I appreciate items that come hard at a cost. more so than cheaper ones. But to each his own. Geez you look hard enough, you prob. find a boot on the web. One thing there are plenty of are crooks.

This probably isn't the way you imagined your beginning on this forum....sorry about that....there are some "hot" button issues on here that trigger responses...some rational...some drama queen in nature....we are mostly a friendly group...with a few grumpy souls...but if you stick it out during this initial "hazing"...I think you will enjoy yourself:D...I live in Clearwater(I only work in outer space) and forum legend Snood lives in the Orlando area...if you have any questions about the forum...feel free to send me a PM...

Audiowannabee, here are a few links to bluray-audio bootlegs (for educational purposes- beware, avoid, don't buy).
They are easily recognized because 1) DSotM has never been released on stand-alone BD-A and 2) ANatO stand-alone wasn't released in a blue case. It comes from HFPA in a clearish case.
Beware of products coming out of the Russian Federation (and other regions - use caution), for reasons we've already stated. Even the Swedish one - it's probably some guy who got taken just trying to resell his Russian bootleg.

PF DSotM - Bluray - Russian Federation (boot)
PF DSotM - Bluray - Sweden (boot)
Queen ANatO - Bluray - Russian Federation (boot)

DSotM BD-A really comes in the Immersion set only:

PF DSotM - Immersion (official)

Now, you might have to do some research, because I think certain sets had a defect on the BD-A. Mine did not. I'd stick with an American copy (but again, do your own research - don't trust my memory) Also, I sympathize with the high price. But, you might do what I did, which was to remove the BD-A and resell the set without it. I actually made all my money back and got the BD-A for free (minus some elbow grease, of course).

Queen ANatO - Bluray - HFPA (official)

As Clint said, there is sometimes a learning curve here, but we're harmless. Just trying to keep you happy, safe, trouble-free and supportive of our beloved hobby.

Back