Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon" Blu-ray disc failure

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’re the lucky one! When I tried the same yesterday, an automatic reply said

‘Hi there,

Update: September 2022

The programme has now ended for Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here Blu-rays.

Best, aeCreate’

Nevertheless I tried to resend my message [email protected] and [email protected] in parallel and am still waiting for an answer. At least I did not receive an error message nor another autoreply.
By the way, I have two faulty BD: DSOTM does not play at all, WYWH is not able to play quad version and has those popping noises in the last track (5.1 version only). If no new discs have been produced, they could simply send me the Atmos version which is going to be released next month in the 50th anniversary set.
Yeah, appears that I snuck in just under the wire. Sorry for raising any false hopes!

You’re the lucky one! When I tried the same yesterday, an automatic reply said

‘Hi there,

Update: September 2022

The programme has now ended for Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here Blu-rays.

Best, aeCreate’

Nevertheless I tried to resend my message [email protected] and [email protected] in parallel and am still waiting for an answer. At least I did not receive an error message nor another autoreply.
By the way, I have two faulty BD: DSOTM does not play at all, WYWH is not able to play quad version and has those popping noises in the last track (5.1 version only). If no new discs have been produced, they could simply send me the Atmos version which is going to be released next month in the 50th anniversary set.
Hi, did you get any answer?

I realize today my DSOTM BD-A doesn't work. I tried on a couple of Bluray players (Samsung and Pioneer) and none of them play the disc. I had the hope I could make a copy on the PC but it has gone a ghost disc, the PC doesn't even know the BD is inside.

I was lucky to get replacement discs for the immersion box sets and the bloody expensive early years box. This whole experience was the catalyst for my decision to not buy any more expensive box sets for the sole purpose of getting a surround disc

Hi, did you get any answer?

I realize today my DSOTM BD-A doesn't work. I tried on a couple of Bluray players (Samsung and Pioneer) and none of them play the disc. I had the hope I could make a copy on the PC but it has gone a ghost disc, the PC doesn't even know the BD is inside.
Hi Karonte,
I never got an answer, meanwhile aecreate website is down. I sent both discs to aecreate, but Royal mail was not able to deliver. Finally, I found an email address from warner music group and they replied:
Hello,
Many thanks for your e-mail.
I can confirm that we are not currently running any replacement schemes for these items.
I am unable to advise if or when any similar scheme might return.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by this.
If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hi Karonte,
I never got an answer, meanwhile aecreate website is down. I sent both discs to aecreate, but Royal mail was not able to deliver. Finally, I found an email address from warner music group and they replied:
Hello,
Many thanks for your e-mail.
I can confirm that we are not currently running any replacement schemes for these items.
I am unable to advise if or when any similar scheme might return.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by this.
If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Well, now we have 10 DSOTM coasters instead the nine that originally came with the box.

At least I could find a ISO file in the old Emule so I could burn a BD-R.

Back