Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon" Blu-ray disc failure

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon gives me the option to return the box because there are not more in stock. Do you think that really will be a replacement disc?
We're talking about two different problems here. For Dark Side we've been struggling to get an acknowledgement for the European Blu-ray issue and then get a replacement, but my expectations are very very low that someday we will get a replacement.
For Wish you Were Here, the problem was recognised and fixed discs were sent to the buyers years ago. In my case, it was sent by Amazon. It's really probable that Amazon has run out of replacement discs and I honestly think it's unlikely you'll get a better solution from them.
If you want to keep the box, I'd explain the situation to Amazon and try to get a partial refund or a discount. And in parallel try to get an image of the corrected Blu-ray from somebody.
Hope it helps

I tried mailing Aecreate about Dark Side Blu-ray and now they have and auto-reply response:

"Hi there,

If you're enquiry is regarding issues the Blu-ray of The Dark Side of the Moon as part of the IMMERSION box set, we are investigating ways to resolve these recently 'failed' discs and a replacement process.

Best,

Andy"

They've been investigating the issues for months now, let's not lose hope nevertheless.

Today I have received a new box set bought in JPC.DE and the same problem with the blu ray.

Hi:

I can’t believe it. Today I have received my replacement blu ray. The blu ray works but the quad mix sounds in stereo (my marantz sr6010 shows front and surround speakers). I have no problem with the quad mix in the dvd disc includes in the inmersión box set.

I am desperate with This box

I have the same problem with the WISH YOU WERE HERE blu ray. It seems to be a problem with the oppo 203 blu ray player

Last edited:
Today I have been in contact with Pink Floyd management. They confirm they are working on a re-press of the discs, subject to the agreement of all parties, which they hope will fix the issue.

Hi:

I can’t believe it. Today I have received my replacement blu ray. The blu ray works but the quad mix sounds in stereo (my marantz sr6010 shows front and surround speakers). I have no problem with the quad mix in the dvd disc includes in the inmersión box set.

I am desperate with This box

I have the same problem with the WISH YOU WERE HERE blu ray. It seems to be a problem with the oppo 203 blu ray player

Hi:

Today I have connected the OPPO 203 and the MARANTZ SR6010 through 7.1 analogue connection and in this way I can hear the LPCM 4.0 mix from the two Pink Floyd blu rays without problem.

Today I have been in contact with Pink Floyd management. They confirm they are working on a re-press of the discs, subject to the agreement of all parties, which they hope will fix the issue.

I wonder how they'll distribute the corrected discs. How will they know who bought the immersion set? I hope they just offer it as a standalone blu-ray for purchase :)

I wonder how they'll distribute the corrected discs. How will they know who bought the immersion set? I hope they just offer it as a standalone blu-ray for purchase :)

I hope it's done through the original reseller. (Mine was Amazon UK). I doubt I have the original paper receipt that came with the shipping box but Amazon UK will have records of all my purchases.

I don't like to speculate, so when I have more info directly from PF management, I will post this here.

Thank you very much for the update, you're honouring your nickname!

This mail came 5 minute ago:

Dear all,

We have now received a batch of new replacement Blu-ray's.

Please send/post your defective disc to the following address and we'll send you back a new disc.

DSOTM BD Replacement
POP Box 263
Wirral
CH29 9FU
United Kingdom

Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.

REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR RETURN ADDRESS FOR THE NEW DISC.

Best,
aeCreate

[QUOTE="rtbluray, post: 349130, member: 3728"]I hate to say this, but nothing will be done about this issue.

The Immersion sets were released by a (now) defunct record company (EMI) over 5 years ago, and since then, the Immersion sets have not been reissued by Pink Floyd and their new record labels. (Sony in the United States & Warner Music in Europe)

Now maybe Pink Floyd will reissue them some day, or maybe the extra content found in the sets will be reissued in another form (like in an "Early Years"-style box set)

Either way, if any of you have an unplayable "Dark Side of the Moon" Blu-Ray, I can provide you with some of the content in file form.

:)[/QUOTE]

Something has been done about it:)...glad to see some people persisted(y)

Last edited:
Today I've received my disc. Plays perfect!
I've just written a 'thank you' note to Pink Floyd management. It's their respons on my original mail from November 2017 that alerted them to this problem. I'm very thankful that they have taken my mail seriously and acted upon it. Kudos !

Today I've received my disc. Plays perfect!
I've just written a 'thank you' note to Pink Floyd management. It's their respons on my original mail from November 2017 that alerted them to this problem. I'm very thankful that they have taken my mail seriously and acted upon it. Kudos !

AWESOME:)

Back