• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon" Blu-ray disc failure

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Dyanez

I found out my copy doesn’t work. I will send the disc for replacement tomorrow. Has anyone in Australia receive the replacement disc already?
Cheers
D

albertop

QQ Supporter
I sent mine a couple of months ago. The replacement disc arrived promptly... within 30 days maybe? I think that was good.
The new disc looks exactly like the old disc, they even share the same matrix. I hope we won't need a further replacement in a year or so :)

Dyanez

Thanks your your reply Alberto. I’m sending mine tomorrow and will keep you all posted in case someone else needs information. I’m so glad I found this thread. I was quite upset when I tried to play the quad version and the disc didn’t work. Thank you all.
D

svengaleekie

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Well, I've just received my Immersion boxset new unopened & sealed and the Blu-ray doesn't work in either my Oppo or the Sony :( so I think rather than return it to the e-bay seller I'll send the disc to the address a few posts up. someone mentioned 'bronzing' this one certainly looks bronze coloured. I'm playing the 4.0 off of the DVD instead.

uffeolby

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I thought I was om the safe side by now, but... when I tried to play my Dark Side Blu-Ray today it would not play.

Anyone knows if the replacement discs are still available?

Snood

Staff member
I thought I was om the safe side by now, but... when I tried to play my Dark Side Blu-Ray today it would not play.

Anyone knows if the replacement discs are still available?
Yes they are - Snood sent mine in about month and half to 2 months ago - figured had nothing to lose if it no worky - got it back rather quickly 3 weeks think :LB

monotone

Not to sidetrack the thread too much, but are there any other known blu-ray failures similar to DSOTM?

My Marillion - Live from Cadogan Hall blu-ray disc has stopped working it turns out. I emailed Racket Records about it - three times, no less - without an answer...

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Not to sidetrack the thread too much, but are there any other known blu-ray failures similar to DSOTM?

My Marillion - Live from Cadogan Hall blu-ray disc has stopped working it turns out. I emailed Racket Records about it - three times, no less - without an answer...
Not sure on my collection of Blu's; but I've seen others here. Got my DSOTM about the same time as Snood:SB. Learned to backup these to flac onto a SSD, just in case!

uffeolby

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Yes they are - Snood sent mine in about month and half to 2 months ago - figured had nothing to lose if it no worky - got it back rather quickly 3 weeks think :LB
Thanks, Snood!

Just sent my faulty disc in according to the instructions outlined earlier in this thread - let the waiting begin...

I saw somewhere else that this replacement program will be valid until the 31st of january next year, so hopefully I will have my replacement disc in my hand sometime in January...

svengaleekie

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
There's still no sign of a replacement disc here:( I sent it off with a covering letter on December 13th, I know it was Christmas & new year but I'd have thought it would have been sent by now. I think I'll send another letter and enquire about what might be happening. Meanwhile I'm just making use of the DVD.

svengaleekie

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
OK thanks, what Email address?
It's OK I found it, got an interesting auto-reply back:

Hi there,

Update 15th January 2019
The Replacement Programme ended on Jan 31st 2019 as there are no
further replacement discs available. Watch this space for any further
information.

Odd since it's only the 21st now! I can only hope a human being reads and replies, or better still puts a fresh new disc in an envelope and posts it to me!

Franklin

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
My experience was getting an automated reply then getting a proper one around six hours later asking for confirmation of my address. I had notification the next day of the disc being sent.