Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon" Blu-ray disc failure

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's OK I found it, got an interesting auto-reply back:

Hi there,

Update 15th January 2019
The Replacement Programme ended on Jan 31st 2019 as there are no
further replacement discs available. Watch this space for any further
information.

Odd since it's only the 21st now!
Well, that gave me great pause, so much so that I pulled out my disc to make sure it's still working! [emoji15] Yep, still plays as normal on my Oppo BDP-103D, all audio and visual programs. It's an Optimal Media pressing, too, so I guess I should count my blessings. I've been meaning to send it in, but it's almost certainly too late now, given that I live on the west coast of North America. I think I'll have to settle for my currently still-working future coaster (?) and backup rip.

I got an Email back telling me that my request is being processed and my replacement should be with me within the next week. so that is good.
Still not got the replacement disc, so I've fired off another email almost begging for whoever is at the other end (Maybe it's David Gilmour himself) to send one.

Still not got the replacement disc, so I've fired off another email almost begging for whoever is at the other end (Maybe it's David Gilmour himself) to send one.
So I got another email back stating that they are waiting for another batch of discs from the manufacturer, I wonder how long that will be?

So I got another email back stating that they are waiting for another batch of discs from the manufacturer, I wonder how long that will be?
Still no sign of the disc, I've emailed again asking for any news of the new batch of discs that was mentioned. The auto reply says that the new batch is expected the end of February and will be sent out then, so my fingers are firmly crossed I'll get one soon.

Wellllllll Snood got his 2nd DSOTM bluray back todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay after 3 or 4 months šŸ¤Ŗ :LB šŸ¤Ŗ

Me sent the new one in about close to 4 months ago and sent email every 2 weeks or so - but the last automated update in May just said they were waiting to see any new discs were coming from Distributor or whatever. This one came from a Nice box set Snood bought on Ebay that was complete but the seller did say the bluray did not work..........Snood figured already have one, will take me chances and send it in. Box Set Shipped from UK was about 87 all together marbles and all

Sooooooooooo after kind of writing it off and no email replies that gave me hope..............it showed up toooooooooooooooday making Snood Happpppppy :rocks All works well tooooooooooooooo :LB:LB:LB

So if ya still hanging on to a screwed up DSOTM bluray.........there is still hope send that sucker in!!! :LB

Wellllllll Snood got his 2nd DSOTM bluray back todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay after 3 or 4 months šŸ¤Ŗ :LB šŸ¤Ŗ

Me sent the new one in about close to 4 months ago and sent email every 2 weeks or so - but the last automated update in May just said they were waiting to see any new discs were coming from Distributor or whatever. This one came from a Nice box set Snood bought on Ebay that was complete but the seller did say the bluray did not work..........Snood figured already have one, will take me chances and send it in. Box Set Shipped from UK was about 87 all together marbles and all

Sooooooooooo after kind of writing it off and no email replies that gave me hope..............it showed up toooooooooooooooday making Snood Happpppppy :rocks All works well tooooooooooooooo :LB:LB:LB

So if ya still hanging on to a screwed up DSOTM bluray.........there is still hope send that sucker in!!! :LB

But Snood, as long as the marbles weren't nicked in any way and the scarf was fashionably chic ....who gives a šŸ€ ass about the blu ray disc with loud music played by some long haired hippes remixed by some guy named Parsons?

See the source image

Last edited:
I have been trying to get a replacement for my dark side of the moon Bluray and I finally got a message from them that they are no longer offering replacement discs

I have now discovered the early years box set also has discs that are becoming faulty

I am almost at the point where I can no longer trust physical media due to the high volume of faults and high costs. The lack of support and service is also a huge problem

I have been trying to get a replacement for my dark side of the moon Bluray and I finally got a message from them that they are no longer offering replacement discs

I have now discovered the early years box set also has discs that are becoming faulty

I am almost at the point where I can no longer trust physical media due to the high volume of faults and high costs. The lack of support and service is also a huge problem
:eek:Sounds like I'm going to have to check my early years discs :mad: I hope they're ok, that large box set was not cheap!

It's very disappointing. :mad:

Hey Rana - did you send the disc in already?? How did you contact them? Was it a personal reply or a auto reply to an email?

I sent mine in a few months back, figuring what the hell, it is faulty anyways so let's see. I emailed them like a month after to inquire as to if they had received it with all my information. I did so like every 2 or 3 weeks after also. I just got mass auto replies to anyone that emailed that email address with updates. Either backdated or looking to see if they are getting anymore.

About 2 to 3 months later........guess what showed up in the mail. :LB A perfectly working replacement. :LB

So Snood advice is....if you have not sent it in already, what ya got to lose? It doesn't work anyways - that is how Snood looked at it. :unsure:

Hey Rana - did you send the disc in already?? How did you contact them? Was it a personal reply or a auto reply to an email?

I sent mine in a few months back, figuring what the hell, it is faulty anyways so let's see. I emailed them like a month after to inquire as to if they had received it with all my information. I did so like every 2 or 3 weeks after also. I just got mass auto replies to anyone that emailed that email address with updates. Either backdated or looking to see if they are getting anymore.

About 2 to 3 months later........guess what showed up in the mail. :LB A perfectly working replacement. :LB

So Snood advice is....if you have not sent it in already, what ya got to lose? It doesn't work anyways - that is how Snood looked at it. :unsure:
I have that faulty blu-ray disc too. Where did you send yours? I could try to send mine, in hope to see a replacement disk materialise in my mailbox after some months :)

Last edited:
I've read a bunch of posts. My question is does the disc become defective over time alone or does it take repeated playing to go bad?
Just recently I was able to get a stand alone demo.
version of the Blu-ray. No problems with the Oppo 203. When I try it on the Yamaha 1060 I can't get the quad.

It's just time as far as I'm aware. When it was first mentioned, mine was fine. I tried it a while later and it wouldn't even register. There was nothing visible on the disc that I noticed to suggest it had failed.

I have that faulty blu-ray disc too. Where did you send yours? I could try to send mine, in hope to see a replacement disk materialise in my mailbox after some months :)

Heya Robegian, First off.... welcome aboard QQ :LB Happy to have ya :LB

OK, If you read my post right before yours. Snood bought me box knowing the disc was faulty, but said what the hell it only a drink coaster now. Knowing that the redemption was maybe done, Snood sent it in anyways. About 2 or 3 weeks later me emailed them with all me info even though the email seems to do auto replies..........emailed them every 2 weeks after with all my info after that too.......bout hmm 2 months or more later TA DA - what ya got to lose?

Oh BTW Snood is in USA......so yeah for me.....figured it would take 2 to 3 weeks to get there. Luckily Snood already had a disc unto itself that me got replaced. When me found a box set on Ebay for great price in minty with the seller saying the disc was faulty.......said why not :rocks

Snood found the address a couple pages back it is

DSOTM BD Replacement
POP Box 263
Wirral
CH29 9FU
United Kingdom

REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR RETURN ADDRESS FOR THE NEW DISC.

Good Luck and please let us know if you get a replacement back by some miracle........it happened for me. :love:

Back