Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder - Restored, Re-edited, Remixed [Blu-ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I was able to confirm that the version streaming in Spain is just stereo.
How is the 5.1 in the extra tracks?

I’ll quote myself. The extra tracks “are indeed in surround, though subtle: echoes, a bit of synth, distorted voices and some crowd, of course. It enhances A New Machine, for sure.” On repeat listenings more subtle things are found in the rears, though the mix is front heavy. I had already bought the single blu ray but I’m happy to have these other parts of the concert that were excluded.

And I know fashion is not relevant but that sax players hair is the worst of the 80s manifested in blonde hair-sprayed mullet awfulness.
What is it that you find so "awful" about a mullet?
FYI it's very back in style for 2021, only with very short sides and top with the longer rear

What is it that you find so "awful" about a mullet?
FYI it's very back in style for 2021, only with very short sides and top with the longer rear
Literally everything about a mullet is awful. And I could give a fuck what is back in style. Bad shit comes back in style all the time. That doesn't mean it looks good.

Why do they call it a mullet? When the mullet came on the scene, we called it a "soccer cut" because it seemed that's what all the soccer players wore at the time. As far as I can tell, Bowie was the first to wear it back in the Ziggy days. Why didn't they call it a "ziggy" or a "stardust?" And why am I going on about a hairdo on a multi channel music forum?:ROFLMAO: I was always amused by this description of the mullet, "business up front, party in the back."

A Mullet!
1635183014636.png

For French speaking people, un mulet is not only the fish (and the hair cut in France), but also a male mule! (It’s pronounced like mullet, but with the final t silent)

I was guilty of having one in the late 80’s/early 90’s, I confess. There’s a big difference in vibe depending on how short the front is cut, that’s for sure… mine was pretty long all over but just longer in the back. I’d give a lotta $ to have that doofy haircut back right now since now I’m shaved clean with no other choices left (ha!). Friends and family love to joke about my long lost mullet but my reply is always “hey, I did alright with that hair.” :LOL:

Either way, thought you’d appreciate that one of our names for it up on the south shore of Long Island NY was “The Mud Flap”.:sneaky:

I do not comment here about the video grainy quality or the fabulous sound.

Instead, I have been looking for the scene that I remember from 30 years ago of the front right back singer Rachel Fury giving an air kiss to David Gilmour during the song Money.

This is a different edition and that scene is removed. Also, for the ‘Later Years’ version. It looks like the footage is taken from another day concert. In these ‘remastered’ versions, Gilmour does not approach Rachel, and she does not send the kiss to David. Maybe Polly requested to remove the scene?

I Looked for the original DVD edition from 1989 and found that scene again. What a nice memories. This is a fetish scene for all of us that love Rachel Fury, that has generated rumors about their eventual relation in that pre-Polly time. But found that it is said that Rachel was in relationship with James Guthrie by that time. He was who presented her to the Pink Floyd team.

If anyone remember Rachel Fury and want to know about her, this is the most complete information I’ve found so far: http://www.deanfromaustralia.com/2011/06/oh-beautiful-fury.html

Back