Pink Floyd - DSOT in cinemas with Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

César

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hi,

Just got the announcement from PF mail list: Delicate Sound of Thunder in cinemas mixed in Atmos. Tickets on sale from August 27th.
What pisses me off is that there's an Atmos mix and was not released in the Later Years Box.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200820-154230.png
    Screenshot_20200820-154230.png
    344.3 KB · Views: 167
Hi,

Just got the announcement from PF mail list: Delicate Sound of Thunder in cinemas mixed in Atmos. Tickets on sale from August 27th.
What pisses me off is that there's an Atmos mix and was not released in the Later Years Box.
I didnt think theaters were even open :eek:

I didnt think theaters were even open :eek:
They are, at least in Spain. This week Nolan's Tenet will be premièred, but I wonder who will go (not me, for sure). The Covid forecast is really bad for September/October timeframe, I don't think this has been the boldest move from PF management.
In any case, it makes me wonder if (maybe) after cinemas we will get the Atmos mix available in streaming platforms.

This makes me double take every time! It's one letter off from DSOTM...
What the heck are they doing with Dark Side of... oh, right!

Those boxes - the Early Years one anyway - are kind of presented as retrospective collections. There's a complete version of everything but only selections in the box for some things. Like maybe they were testing the waters and they might release the full albums eventually if there's interest. The shitty part being that they'll just let those stray bits sit there if they decide there isn't.

A friend and I tried to contact their camp to get permission to screen the quad Pompeii after restoring it. Didn't even get quoted a price. (How we expected to get shut down.) They just never responded.

Back