PINK FLOYD - DSOTM - QUAD reel to reel tape 7 1/2 Allan Parsons mix QUADraphonic...... Copy or What????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually they were billed as The Pink Floyd in their very early days by accident on some gig posters.
From what I've read over the years, they actually billed themselves as The Pink Floyd originally and for quite a few years. I don't remember when they dropped the "The". It might mention that in Mason's biography, I can't recall now. I think there are even interviews with Gilmour from the 90's where he still referred to themselves with "The".

That was in the era where a lot of bands were calling themselves The "X" (Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Who, Yardbirds, Zombies, etc.). Kind of like recently where band names seem to have gone through a " "Verb" The "Noun" " phase (Cage The Elephant, Foster The People, Minus The Bear, Sparks The Rescue). Okay, some of those examples might not completely grammatically fit my argument, but you get the point šŸ˜.

Still have the Q8 that I bought back in the day. Only played a few times after I dubbed it to 7.5 reel.

Attachments

• FC4CD978-D120-4049-94FC-0A4D6632840F.jpeg
    FC4CD978-D120-4049-94FC-0A4D6632840F.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 105
?? Lot of folks hate on the format, but Q8ā€™s sound great. Twice as good as SQ
ā€œQuad Liteā€ Vinyl.

If that is in answer to me, I made no comment on the sound quality of Q8s. All I said was that visually all of them look like they've been through a hurricane, by which I meant the exterior casework. The way the cartridges are handled and the nature of the paper labels leads to them all looking cosmetically shoddy.

If that is in answer to me, I made no comment on the sound quality of Q8s. All I said was that visually all of them look like they've been through a hurricane, by which I meant the exterior casework. The way the cartridges are handled and the nature of the paper labels leads to them all looking cosmetically shoddy.

No, not directed at you. My bad. Just stating the obvious off the format bashing. I spent around 45 years collecting Q8 Carts & was fortunate in that, all the ones left over from H.S./College + the one amassed through the years, the vast majority have minimal wear on tbe cover art & slip case. However, there are a few exceptions. Same goes for my Q4 stash. Cheers!

Seems like s DTSOM Q4 would have been a big seller, such a shame that so few people got to hear the discrete mix in the quad days, with the album being mixed FOR quad it just doesn't make sense, i think it could have saved quad
That said, and considering it was released on quad LP in most of the world, why wasn't it here? EMI couldn't convince Capitol to do it?

Back