Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:):):):):):)

:dance

LMAO!!!!!

No man, no bong or weed. But "mucho" Beer (love german beer) and spirits from all over the world. The table it's full of souvenirs collected in my travels (USA and the world)

Have a nice day!

so the ashtrays are souvenirs...OK...that explains a lot....looks very cool to me...I didn't give up drinking all on my own...I was getting a James Bond liver...now when I get cat scans(for other problems)it is perfectly normal...

Last edited:
Winter is the only season to span two years, so it's totally normal to write the season as Winter 2018/19. It's done all the time. If March rolls around and it's still not released, then I think you have a legit gripe.

Isn't 2018 over now? for someone that is OCD:D(by your own admission)I'm surprised you are OK with that...I guess they could have put sometime this decade...just saying...and I'm only kidding with you:ROFLMAO:maybe an OR would be an improvement

There are a number of UPCOMING SACDs on the Acoustic Sounds website that will probably never see the light of day. TIME TO ORGANIZE! Wonder if they had trouble with [in Steve Hoffman's WORDS] one of the worst Original Master Tapes he has heard [referring to ARE YOU EXPERIENCED]? And I'm sure pre~orders for that title are through the roof!

Winter is the only season to span two years, so it's totally normal to write the season as Winter 2018/19. It's done all the time. If March rolls around and it's still not released, then I think you have a legit gripe.

Trust me...Acoustic Sounds isn't using that interpretation...you aren't dealing with mensa types there....I've talked to them on the phone...nothing "normal" going on there....friendly but clueless....

There are a number of UPCOMING SACDs on the Acoustic Sounds website that will probably never see the light of day. TIME TO ORGANIZE! Wonder if they had trouble with [in Steve Hoffman's WORDS] one of the worst Original Master Tapes he has heard [referring to ARE YOU EXPERIENCED]?

That is the beauty of Dutton....not all this posturing and BS for months and sometimes years.....they make the product first...the way I wish it was done everywhere...

Trust me...Acoustic Sounds isn't using that interpretation...you aren't dealing with mensa types there....I've talked to them on the phone...nothing "normal" going on there....friendly but clueless....

But not when it comes to pricing and s/h charges...........Ineligible for further discounts seems to be the NEW NORM at Acoustic Sounds!

BTW, Clinty, they did NOT have their 50% off sale on SACDs this year! REAL BUMMER!

so the ashtrays are souvenirs...OK...that explains a lot....looks very cool to me...I didn't give you drinking all on my own...I was getting a James Bond liver...now when I get cat scans(for other problems)it is perfectly normal...

Yes, all the items in the table are souvenirs, no only ashtrays but also little replicas of buildings, cities and places that I and my friends had been (London, Rome, Paris, Madrid, Havana, Cairo, San Juan, Montreal, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Rio de Janeiro, etc... plus lots of cities and place in USA)

Kind regards,

But not when it comes to pricing and s/h charges...........Ineligible for further discounts seems to be the NEW NORM at Acoustic Sounds!

I'm convinced there is nothing that Chad won't do to make money...and this is coming from a guy that appreciates good business models...I want those in the music industry to make money...lot's of money...so they will keep putting out the hi rez titles...BUT I still can't believe they sold the cardboard box(the empty box from the boxset)of Texas Hurricane for $100...and since I bought that set I'm familiar with the actual box...and it's not worth anywhere close to $100 for the cardboard...and selling these tape reels is going backwards in the tech revolution...just like Universal investing in the MQA tech for CDs instead of releasing albums like George Harrison's All Things Must Pass on blu ray audio or SACD....they just don't get it:eek:

I'm convinced there is nothing that Chad won't do to make money...and this is coming from a guy that appreciates good business models...I want those in the music industry to make money...lot's of money...so they will keep putting out the hi rez titles...BUT I still can't believe they sold the cardboard box(the empty box from the boxset)of Texas Hurricane for $100...and since I bought that set I'm familiar with the actual box...and it's not worth anywhere close to $100 for the cardboard...and selling these tape reels is going backwards in the tech revolution...just like Universal investing in the MQA tech for CDs instead of releasing albums like George Harrison's All Things Must Pass on blu ray audio or SACD....they just don't get it:eek:
I have that one on vinyl...I need to get with the program and rip that one. Now that I know how to properly clean up the occasional clicks.

Those $100 BOXES, and not just for Texas Hurricane, were, IMO, an abominable decision......an unabashed CASH GRAB if ever there was one. If you recall, they also pulled that shit with the Blue Note SACD boxes as well. Probably the BEST deal I ever received from AP was that BS&T BLOODLINES box from a recent Amazon Warehouse Deal. They still have that set listed on their site for $150 [I paid $60]...and it included the BOX.

Hopefully, ImportCD will likewise have ANIMALS at similar pricing to WYWH [$28.07] but if their recent pricing on MOST MoFi SACDs are any indication [$37.95 for a $29.95 list SACD], who knows?

Those $100 BOXES, and not just for Texas Hurricane, were, IMO, an abominable decision......an unabashed CASH GRAB if ever there was one. If you recall, they also pulled that shit with the Blue Note SACD boxes as well. Probably the BEST deal I ever received from AP was that BS&T BLOODLINES box from a recent Amazon Warehouse Deal. They still have that set listed on their site for $150 [I paid $60]...and it included the BOX.

Hopefully, ImportCD will likewise have ANIMALS at similar pricing to WYWH [$28.07] but if their recent pricing on MOST MoFi SACDs are any indication [$37.95 for a $29.95 list SACD], who knows?
Texas Hurricane going for a whopping $486.32 on Amazon currently for the SACD OMG!!! Never for me at that $$$

Texas Hurricane going for a whopping $486.32 on Amazon currently for the SACD OMG!!! Never for me at that $$$

I bought that set from ImportCD when they had one of their rare 10% off sales and I think it was around $145 delivered! Nice set and it comes with the $100 box [yikes ..... what balls to charge that kind of money].

Getting back to WYWH have today received my disc here in the UK from Importcds which considering most of you guys in US only got yours on Thursday is pretty impressive and at a total cost of £30.62, glad I didn't go with Amazon UK and their £52 price and sometime in February delivery!

Getting back to WYWH have today received my disc here in the UK from Importcds which considering most of you guys in US only got yours on Thursday is pretty impressive and at a total cost of £30.62, glad I didn't go with Amazon UK and their £52 price and sometime in February delivery!

Did you have to pay any additional fees outside of what importcds charged you?....I really don't understand the fee structure in the UK...

Back