Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

mongojr

I purchased the Blu-ray for these two imported from Russia on Ebay for $25 each. It is the version from the Immersion box sets. I wasn't a big fan of the artwork so I moved my EMI import CD's to 2 Disc cases and added the discs to them.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
I purchased the Blu-ray for these two imported from Russia on Ebay for $25 each. It is the version from the Immersion box sets. I wasn't a big fan of the artwork so I moved my EMI import CD's to 2 Disc cases and added the discs to them.
Just so you know, you purchased illegitimate bootlegs of those Blu-Rays...

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Imported from Russia usually means "made in Russia"...as in bootleg copies...

mongojr

That sucks! They didn't look like bootlegs. I have always supported the artists and studios to keep the business alive. I thought Blu-ray's were copy protected? I will have to upgrade them.

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
That sucks! They didn't look like bootlegs. I have always supported the artists and studios to keep the business alive. I thought Blu-ray's were copy protected? I will have to upgrade them.

IMO...the real problem with buying these Russian copies is a security issue....I bought one of these "fakes" and months later my Ebay account was hacked...some of these Russian bootlegs come from a highly sophisticated criminal enterprise...what they want is your personal information....so they gain your name and address and some pay pal information which they can sell to identity thieves...they exploited a back door weakness on Ebay….they put a fake product for sale on my ebay account and had the money sent to another paypal account....I notified paypal and gave them the other paypal account and they stopped the transaction....because these transactions originate overseas....they don't attempt any prosecution...

Many think these transactions are harmless...and I must admit I'm of the group that don't really care about the royalty situation....but this identity stealing is dangerous and one must be careful right now...

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

800 Club - QQ All-Star
IMO...the real problem with buying these Russian copies is a security issue....I bought one of these "fakes" and months later my Ebay account was hacked...some of these Russian bootlegs come from a highly sophisticated criminal enterprise...what they want is your personal information....so they gain your name and address and some pay pal information which they can sell to identity thieves...they exploited a back door weakness on Ebay….they put a fake product for sale on my ebay account and had the money sent to another paypal account....I notified paypal and gave them the other paypal account and they stopped the transaction....because these transactions originate overseas....they don't attempt any prosecution...

Many think these transactions are harmless...and I must admit I'm of the group that don't really care about the royalty situation....but this identity stealing is dangerous and one must be careful right now...
Guess I've been lucky I've either bought 3 or 4 Blu Rays from the Russians over the past 2-3 years and have never had a problem with my eBay account......🙏......what I was worried about is that there would be files on the disc itself that would hack you computer or something like that or worse.

mongojr

I love this forum for just honest people who love to have quality sound in their lives. I can't imagine life without music. I highly recommend Aura Identity Guard for less than $7 a month. I just signed up and they really cover all the info they need to make sure you are safe. On top of that you get $!,000,000 insurance in protection if you are a victim. I was worried but really happy that they didn't find any corruption on the dark web or with any accounts. I was really impressed in this service for the peace of mind that someone has my back. It even works on your social media accounts to make them secure. Again, THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP!!!