Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and perhaps it should sound a bit better with the participation of Doug Sax's mastering and Gus Skinas from Super Audio Center in Boulder, CO...
Did they really go back and grab Doug Sax's early '90s remaster for this release? If anything, I would have expected them to use James Guthrie's latest remaster from the 2011 "Why Pink Floyd?" campaign (the Discovery, Experience and Immersion editions). And I find it odd that Gus Skinas would be involved, given that Guthrie is fully equipped for DSD/SACD (and it's his surround mix, after all). I guess it would make sense if Skinas transferred the Sax remaster from whatever format (Redbook?) to DSD.

EDIT: Asked and answered: these credits are all identical to the 2003 release. It really is just a repress, folks, inferior stereo mastering and all.

Last edited:
Seems somebody took a petty revenge over Animals removed liner notes...

This is Pink Floyd at its collective finest, with everyone contributing. David Gilmour took a huge chunk of the music — writing, laying down the chord progressions on "Breathe," "Time," and "Any Colour You Like," plus the singing on the album's best songs, Water conceeding to David's far superior voice. Gilmour also pumped out what would later be hailed as some of rock's most influential lead-guitar riffs on "Money" and "Brain Damage."

Agreed - $35 USD and $50 to post to Australia!! Outrageous I agree…. Anyone, found it elsewhere?
No you won't. Resellers never sell Analogue Productions SACDs cheaper than Acoustic Sounds do themselves in their own store. There is always a mark-up. Shipping costs might be a good deal cheaper from a reseller closer to your own continent though, but you'll have to wait until resellers get it in stock. You can probably expect the same prices as those that are listed for Wish You Were Here:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/13026401?ev=rb
And I just had a DVD-audio shipped from Darwin, Australia. Cost me $35 for express EMS shipping and it STILL took over four weeks because of your infernal lock-downs. Acoustic Sounds shipped five SACDs to me via Fed-Ex saver to me last year and it cost $47.93 in shipping charges. They're not the cheapest for shipping but if one orders several titles, it sort of lessens the pain.

No you won't. Resellers never sell Analogue Productions SACDs cheaper than Acoustic Sounds do themselves in their own store. There is always a mark-up. Shipping costs might be a good deal cheaper from a reseller closer to your own continent though, but you'll have to wait until resellers get it in stock. You can probably expect the same prices as those that are listed for Wish You Were Here:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/13026401?ev=rb
And I just had a DVD-audio shipped from Darwin, Australia. Cost me $35 for express EMS shipping and it STILL took over four weeks because of your infernal lock-downs. Acoustic Sounds shipped five SACDs to me via Fed-Ex saver to me last year and it cost $47.93 in shipping charges. They're not the cheapest for shipping but if one orders several titles, it sort of lessens the pain.
I'd consider buying it if it were the Alan Parsons mix. It's not, so that's that!

I'm waiting for the Atmo's releases before I drop my money on anything else PF.
Sitting here, ringing my hands, waiting for a new "Early + Late Years" Atmos box.
Alan Parsons or Steven Wilson remasterings will work for me.
Can't wait. LOL

Back