Pink Floyd - Meddle 5.1 - Early Years Box Set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I once saw on here on a friends computer a thread discussing where to find the complete version of Pink Floyd's Meddle album in 5.1 surround sound. Can anyone tell me where it is and how to find it? Is there an Easter Egg somewhere in the box set and on which disc? If not how do I find it and what programs or program do I need to bring it out so I can put it to disc once I find it. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I never heard of an"official" 5.1 release of this title. But if there is I'm sure somebody here knows about it.

Has anyone compared the quad Echoes to the hidden 5.1 Echoes? I'm thinking of buying Reverberation, and this is the 50th anniversary of Meddle!
It will only contain the Quad mix of Echoes, when they had to repress the BD-As the hidden 5.1 was removed :(.
I had to get every Blu-ray in my very expensive Early Years Box Set replaced due to disc rot!

It will only contain the Quad mix of Echoes, when they had to repress the BD-As the hidden 5.1 was removed :(.
I had to get every Blu-ray in my very expensive Early Years Box Set replaced due to disc rot!
Yes I know. A friend got me a copy of the hidden Meddle, but I'd like to know how the 5.1 mix of Echoes compares to the quad mix. I don't have the quad mix and am considering buying Reverberation just for that if it is worth it.

Yes I know. A friend got me a copy of the hidden Meddle, but I'd like to know how the 5.1 mix of Echoes compares to the quad mix. I don't have the quad mix and am considering buying Reverberation just for that if it is worth it.

The two mixes are completely different. The quad is interesting but clearly unfinished. I haven't played it in a while but have it in my head that at least in part it doesn't even use the correct guitar track but instead use one with some pretty painful mistakes.

Back