Pink Floyd MONEY SACD Promo

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Here's a peek at one for those that have never seen one, or did not know about it. I recently bagged one off eBay.

Attachments

• money-1.jpg
    money-1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 255
  • money-2.jpg
    money-2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 354
  • money-3.jpg
    money-3.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 242
There were tons distributed freely at CES or CEDIA or somewhere. Gave them to my friends and relatives. I hope you didn't pay a lot for it.

Kal

Nope. No one even bid on it but me! :D I just thought I'd "throw it in the pile".

My brother got one of those for auditioning a Sony ES home-theater-in-a-box a few years ago. He was actually going to buy the player regardless, but as part of the promotion at the time they were giving out these copies just for checking it out. It was at Ultimate Electronics, though, it might've still been called Audio King at the time.

I wonder if he still has that disc somewhere? I always thought it would've been kind've cool to have just as a collectors item.

Out of curiousity, was the "Money" promo pressed by Crest? Not that I'm out to start any kind of flames or whatnot.

Out of curiousity, was the "Money" promo pressed by Crest? Not that I'm out to start any kind of flames or whatnot.

Maybe there's a note on this SACD reading "Crackling noises are OK! Do not correct them!" ;)

Ok, ok, the note on Who's live Leeds album was about something different...

-Kristian

The Capitol one has the album cut, Pink Floyd - Money (2003, SACD) | Discogs
The EMI one has the radio edit, Pink Floyd - Money (2003, CD) | Discogs

So the Capitol version is a dual layer SACD in stereo and 5.1 dual layer.
And the EMI version is not an SACD by the looks of it as it’s just single layer red book CD in stereo as it’s the radio edit version and they won’t have mixed it in 5.1 which begs the question why use that version to promote the SACD? Weird.

I see this one every time I eat at a local restaurant called Moneypit(former bank).
Everything in the restaurant is money related. One table has several records under the glass, including the Money SACD.
Just such a great thing to see every time I go.
View attachment 102470View attachment 102471
Some avid Floyd collector is out there cringing at the sight of this. o_O

Some avid Floyd collector is out there cringing at the sight of this. o_O
It's widely available for little money, you should be able to easily get one (I got mine locally in Madrid for less than 10 euros)
Edit: And now is when I swallow my own words: after years of having it and of course not having played it (what for, having the SACD), just now I realised that I have the European copy with the radio edit... That's just a Redbook CD!

The best things in life are free
But you can give ‘em to the birds and bees
I need MONEY, that’s what I want.

Back