Pink Floyd PULSE Blu-Ray out in February

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great set! Watched a few weeks ago and Blu-ray has improved it!
[watching now] Sound quality is top notch (for a live show). Video transfer done well, vibrant and dynamic. I have a large screen and it's enjoyable to watch despite it being a legacy format. I never had the DVD and may have never seen the video for it before. Had the CDs, which I think most did. The Momentary Lapse/Division Bell era stuff sounds all too same-y for me. Everything through The Wall on here are good performances. Boxed set quality good. This is a good value at $30-ish, probably would have been fine paying full price to be honest but don't tell PF/Amazon that. lol

Only nit (and I read this in reviews) is that occasionally I notice the out of sync video/audio, as a musician that's like fingernails across a chalkboard. It would seem like something obvious that could have been avoided, or corrected if that was the case.

I like that Gilmour is heavily involved, as front man and plays a lot of the leads. He carries the show. I feel that's missing with Waters stuff post Floyd, and I much prefer Waters over Gilmour (as solo artists and vocalists).

It's nice having classic concerts by this band getting re-released in better formats. I missed out on much of this at the time as I wasn't as interested as I am now.

I do have to ask -- what's up with the coked up 80s reject second percussionist? His 'performance' seems a bit tone deaf, he knows he's playing with Pink Floyd right? Not Miami Sound Machine!? [nevermind, wikipedia answered this for me. tl;dr he was a bad idea to inject energy into the show, but instead IMHO sticks out like a sore thumb]

Last edited:
Well, I came late to the party and purchased this week the Pulse cassette. I was curious about the soundscapes that appear at the end of side 4 and, even though I had a soft copy, I wanted to have the physical copy.
I played them in the morning with DTS Neural upmixer on and what a surprise! They upmix beautifully, with very discrete elements popping here and there (the frog!). There are also some effects that later appeared on The Endless River.
If you have the cassette, give this a try.
(And at least the DVD included a shortened version of the soundscape in proper 5.1, never checked the Blu-ray)

[watching now] Sound quality is top notch (for a live show). Video transfer done well, vibrant and dynamic. I have a large screen and it's enjoyable to watch despite it being a legacy format. I never had the DVD and may have never seen the video for it before. Had the CDs, which I think most did. The Momentary Lapse/Division Bell era stuff sounds all too same-y for me. Everything through The Wall on here are good performances. Boxed set quality good. This is a good value at $30-ish, probably would have been fine paying full price to be honest but don't tell PF/Amazon that. lol

Only nit (and I read this in reviews) is that occasionally I notice the out of sync video/audio, as a musician that's like fingernails across a chalkboard. It would seem like something obvious that could have been avoided, or corrected if that was the case.

I like that Gilmour is heavily involved, as front man and plays a lot of the leads. He carries the show. I feel that's missing with Waters stuff post Floyd, and I much prefer Waters over Gilmour (as solo artists and vocalists).

It's nice having classic concerts by this band getting re-released in better formats. I missed out on much of this at the time as I wasn't as interested as I am now.

I do have to ask -- what's up with the coked up 80s reject second percussionist? His 'performance' seems a bit tone deaf, he knows he's playing with Pink Floyd right? Not Miami Sound Machine!? [nevermind, wikipedia answered this for me. tl;dr he was a bad idea to inject energy into the show, but instead IMHO sticks out like a sore thumb]
One of my favorites! Very well done!

Well, I came late to the party and purchased this week the Pulse cassette. I was curious about the soundscapes that appear at the end of side 4 and, even though I had a soft copy, I wanted to have the physical copy.
I played them in the morning with DTS Neural upmixer on and what a surprise! They upmix beautifully, with very discrete elements popping here and there (the frog!). There are also some effects that later appeared on The Endless River.
If you have the cassette, give this a try.
(And at least the DVD included a shortened version of the soundscape in proper 5.1, never checked the Blu-ray)
It’s on YouTube the full soundscape

Back