Pink Floyd PULSE Blu-Ray out in February

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the old CD version with the red blinking light but I failed to check on the battery compartment for a few years and the batteries melted ruining my blinking light.
I removed the battery from mine decades ago to prevent any messy incident like that. They made it damned hard, you have to cut some of the internal cardboard to get to the battery.

I removed the battery from mine decades ago to prevent any messy incident like that. They made it damned hard, you have to cut some of the internal cardboard to get to the battery.
Well it must have been different here in Oz. The circuitry and batteries were mounted on a cardboard insert that was relatively easy to slip out of the box once the book/discs were removed. I've been replacing my batteries every 3-4 years since day one. Still blinking strongly to this day!

Well it must have been different here in Oz. The circuitry and batteries were mounted on a cardboard insert that was relatively easy to slip out of the box once the book/discs were removed. I've been replacing my batteries every 3-4 years since day one. Still blinking strongly to this day!
The copy I got here in the US also had an easily removable cardboard insert. I stashed it away for safekeeping a long time ago (after removing the original batteries) and just got it out a few weeks ago after reading about the blu-ray coming out. I put two new batteries in it and it is blinking away happily.

I restored mine a few months ago from a U.K. version. It’s relatively easy with a sharp knife and having done it once it will be easy to do again

I restored mine a few months ago from a U.K. version. It’s relatively easy with a sharp knife and having done it once it will be easy to do again
I found the flashing annoying so don't want to restore it. But you've confirmed what I found, the UK version needs a knife to get at the batteries. I recall being impressed that they'd used Duracell Professional batteries.

I love PF as much if not more than the next guy but they sure do know how to milk their fans for money. Visually and sound wise there's little new if you have the 2019 LY stuff. The film is still terribly grainy and SQ so-so, a shame they didn't get a better recording in 1994. I won't be jumping on this train but will be waiting at the station for Animals when it finally does pull in!
Besides, I was there at Soldiers Field in Chicago in 94 and it doesn't be better than that! ;)

I love PF as much if not more than the next guy but they sure do know how to milk their fans for money. Visually and sound wise there's little new if you have the 2019 LY stuff. The film is still terribly grainy and SQ so-so, a shame they didn't get a better recording in 1994. I won't be jumping on this train but will be waiting at the station for Animals when it finally does pull in!
Besides, I was there at Soldiers Field in Chicago in 94 and it doesn't be better than that! ;)
In full agreement! My LED is also currently without batteries; had a leak event years ago, cleaned it up, still works though. OFF TOPIC: Your signature is so true! Just swap "audiophiles" with "people" and it's a perfect quote for where we find ourselves as humans in recent years. Another great audio old school guy we recently lost was Roger Russell. Like Peter Aczel, he was a life member of the Audio Engineering Society. If you've never hear of him, check his website out. Roger Russell, McIntosh Lab., Scripto and Norma Pencils and leads.

I now have set reminder for me to check my PULSE blinking light every 6 months and put a fresh battery in there.

I now have set reminder for me to check my PULSE blinking light every 6 months and put a fresh battery in there.
Should be good for more like 6 years I'd have thought, but if you want to change it that often go for it. If you put a Lithium battery in (I forget if the CD box takes AA or AAA but both are available in Lithium) it'll last decades.

Back