Pink Floyd PULSE Release Near?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepsky4565

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Just reported by Brain Damage, the Pink Floyd site, that PULSE will be released officially in Europe on November 4 of this year! Been waiting 6 years for this baby. It should see release around the same time in the states. Both Gilmour and Guthrie have been working on the soundtrack. I hope they don't screw it up too bad.

deepsky4565 said:
Just reported by Brain Damage, the Pink Floyd site, that PULSE will be released officially in Europe on November 4 of this year! Been waiting 6 years for this baby. It should see release around the same time in the states. Both Gilmour and Guthrie have been working on the soundtrack. I hope they don't screw it up too bad.

Hmm. I've had it for a while on VCD. Good concert; junked the CD set since I had it with visuals, as I'm not a fan of Floyd post Animals; it's better to watch than listen to. If it's got a decent surround mix the DVD might be worth it. If Guthrie's had his paws on it, we're doomed though. Don't pay over the odds. Reckon I'll stick to my (surprisingly decent) VCD. It decodes nicely through passive or active matrixing too.
Scott

[we're doomed

Since J.G. seems like the probable choice for any Pink Floyd future surround mixes, I would only hope that things will only get better mix-wise in terms of future catalog 5.1 releases. Remember, we're talking about a great stereo engineer being asked to convert his way of thinking past two channels. The best thing for all of us who are so accustomed to listening in four channels and beyond would be to keep expectations low enough that any shining moments that may emerge will be unexpected and hopefully more recurring as time goes on.

The beauty is that since DSOTM 5.1 is already a done deal (like it or not), there won't be the same pressure on the next project to reproduce the mix that everybody has been overexposed to and couldn't possibly deviate from.

Once WYWH and TW are mixed in 5.1, (my guess as next in line), we can expect more adventurous mixes. If 5.1 makes it that far, Pink Floyd would certainly have had their mixing issues figured out by then. I have faith.

zabble said:
[we're doomed

Since J.G. seems like the probable choice for any Pink Floyd future surround mixes, I would only hope that things will only get better mix-wise in terms of future catalog 5.1 releases. Remember, we're talking about a great stereo engineer being asked to convert his way of thinking past two channels. The best thing for all of us who are so accustomed to listening in four channels and beyond would be to keep expectations low enough that any shining moments that may emerge will be unexpected and hopefully more recurring as time goes on.

The beauty is that since DSOTM 5.1 is already a done deal (like it or not), there won't be the same pressure on the next project to reproduce the mix that everybody has been overexposed to and couldn't possibly deviate from.

Once WYWH and TW are mixed in 5.1, (my guess as next in line), we can expect more adventurous mixes. If 5.1 makes it that far, Pink Floyd would certainly have had their mixing issues figured out by then. I have faith.

Oh, for a modern AP mix of Meddle & AHM....
I'm faithless I know. Probably my loss in the long run. Sigh. I'll look on it as a positive sign for multichannel on the whole though.

Back