Pink Floyd/The Division Bell - Ask Andy Jackson about the Mastering and the Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Andy! I guess I'm a freak and the regular people are not interested by these details, but I would have loved to have all these pieces of information in the deluxe edition.

There is a limit in how much info it's good to give out, need to retain the mystique!

@ Andy Jackson,

Just received The Division Bell yesterday and have listened to both DTS and DD encodes once through thus far and am blown away. Marvelous sound and mix. After reading this thread I just ordered Signal to Noise Deluxe and look forward to hearing your work on this as well.

Hello once more Andy. Here's Mr questions again! Some people pointed out that Calling track can also be heard on The Colours of Infinity soundtrack. I grabbed a copy and indeed the song is in there! May I ask what's the story behind this song and how it ended on the documentary and on TER?

Thanks as usual!

The Colours of Infinity I know nothing about. However, by definition, all the basis for TER is from Div Bell sessions, and Calling was indeed from that time so I guess David dug it out for that. We did some further overdubs for TER on that piece (and pretty much all of the album really)

It's the Granny's means nothing. The people who vote never heard of Pink Floyd let alone Steven Wilson.

Dear Andy,

Can you talk about the possible Pink Floyd Pompeii 5.1 blu-ray release?

I genuinely know nothing about it. As ever, remember I don't work for the organisation, I'm just a freelancer.

Hiya Andy, As a freelancer............what is going to be your next project. Hopefully something to do with 5.1?? Anything in the works?? ............spill the beans Andy!!! :banana:

BTW - sorry you got shafted on the grammys.......U deserved it much more. I guess maybe if the fellas in Pink Floyd wore frilly outfits, danced & lip synched and put out more danceable top 40 hits that all the koo kids ages 10 to 14 liked, well then you would have been a shoo in. :howl

Please keep up the good work - your efforts, whether they be as musician or 5.1 mixing, are greatly appreciated by all of us here :snoodhug:

One is already known: Mastering Phil Manzanera's new album. In stores in March, if I'm not wrong!

Yes Phil's album is late March I believe.

OMG - That is gonna be AWESOME :banana:

Preorder Links pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase NOW lol

Mr. Jackson Thank you so Much for all your talents and all you do for us surround sound addicts :51banana:

If Snood could hug ya , me would :snoodhug:

Back