Pink Floyd/The Division Bell - Ask Andy Jackson about the Mastering and the Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One interesting tidbit that got dropped from that Steven Wilson interview I posted in a few other threads was this (from the Porcupine Tree forum):

One excerpt from the interview that I didn't include in the official transcript was a discussion he and I had about remixing Pink Floyd's Animals album. In short, Steven would love to give that album a sonic cleaning but he says that he knows that PF would go straight to PF team regulars James Guthrie and Andy Jackson first. He also said that Andy - a friend of his - did an amazing job with The Division Bell in 5.1

How about that? High praise on Andy's Grammy nominated surround mix of "The Division Bell" from Steven Wilson! :)

Hello Andy. Nice surprise today with David's tour! Will you be at the mixing desk at the RAH shows? Hope I'll be able to shake hands then!

Hope you will at least be able to do surround mixes of David's new album, but regardless, I look forward to hearing it! :)

Hello Andy and congrats on your own surround project and that of Floyd's.

Any chance of convincing Phil to let you mix some of his albums in quad or 5.1? I ask because I'm a long time fan of DIAMOND HEAD.
(East of Echo in surround-way cool).

Thanks-derek

Hello Andy and congrats on your own surround project and that of Floyd's.

Any chance of convincing Phil to let you mix some of his albums in quad or 5.1? I ask because I'm a long time fan of DIAMOND HEAD.
(East of Echo in surround-way cool).

Thanks-derek
+1 (y)

I love all of Phil's stuff

It's slightly misquoted what David mumbled, it's Rattle THAT Lock. As for surround, we haven't finished it, I'm just off in a minute to get back to mixing it. There is a surround on the agenda, but got to finish the stereo first

It's slightly misquoted what David mumbled, it's Rattle THAT Lock. As for surround, we haven't finished it, I'm just off in a minute to get back to mixing it. There is a surround on the agenda, but got to finish the stereo first

Fantastic news...thank you Andy...

This is great news!

This is all great news - but in my humble unasked for opinion Rattle THE lock is a better title. Also in Lynn, my wife's, humble unasked for opinion.

Back