Pink Floyd - The Early Years - 1965 > 1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my box set. I ordered it from Germany, and the seller sent it on DHL. Apparently it got put on the s-l-o-w boat. I got a better price because the seller had removed the vinyl, which I didn't want anyway. So, I am now slowly going through it, stereo and quad. The stereo recordings are valuable because I had some of them when I was young and lost them through the years. Some of them I had never heard, so they are new to me. I was sent the Meddle rip, so I don't haver to worry about that. It's fantastic, by the way. I need to mix it down to quad and make a safety reel. I listened to Atom Heart Mother twice last night, the stereo live version first through my Audionics unit (I found out what was wrong with it and fixed it). It was interesting, a different take. Then I listened to the quad version. The same studio version as my SQ copy, only more discrete. It was wonderful. I have skipped some of the discs. as I suspect they are repetitious, as the ones I have listened to have been. However, each has something I haven't heard before, so I will probably go back and listen to the other discs, when my impatience has been satisfied. It's interesting to listen to what starts out as a simple rock band and starts going off into weird tangents which I absolutely love. Next week, I advance another year.
The Quadfather

Hello everyone, does anyone have a problem with the Quad mix of Atom Heart Mother on Devi/action 1970? The last track justs cut out abruptly, I think there's about a minute missing compared to the cd. Sorry I've just found the answer covered over at the poll section.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, does anyone have a problem with the Quad mix of Atom Heart Mother on Devi/action 1970? The last track justs cut out abruptly, I think there's about a minute missing compared to the cd. Sorry I've just found the answer covered over at the poll section.
It's a well known authoring issue. If you extract the audio from the Blu-ray, you will get the correct ending of APB.

I'll be doggoned. Thank you for that! The Reverberation box only had Echoes. It sounds like it's 4.0 to me. Replay Media Catcher was able to capture it.
"Echoes" accessible from the disc menu is 4.0, an unreleased "test" quad mix. The Meddle full album mix by Andy Jackson (as in the YouTube upload) is 5.1.

"Echoes" accessible from the disc menu is 4.0, an unreleased "test" quad mix. The Meddle full album mix by Andy Jackson (as in the YouTube upload) is 5.1.
Well, I just sat down in the basement with "One of These Days" ripped from a friend who has the most insane collection of physical releases of anyone I know. And I listened to it. And I went back to my office. And I'm not sure if I can say my life truly had meaning before hearing that.

It needs more bass, but I can EQ that in. The Minimoog just Mooging through a different channel with each pulse is the platonic ideal of using surround to immersive, consciousness-altering effect.

The knowledge that this exists, that it deserves to be heard, that it's hidden... I'm gonna lay down for a bit.

Played around with speaker position and wanted to try the 5.1 Meddle mix sober this time.

Yeah, this deserves to be considered the definitive version of One of These Days and Echoes. Echoes especially.

And I was so enthralled that I didn't notice that Foobar2000 started playing Andy Jackson's 5.1 mix of The Division Bell as soon as Echoes ended. The transition in mood to Cluster One was like a perfect afterglow. Gilmour + Wright compositions are just such a vibe.

Back