Pink Floyd - The Later Years (1987-2019) [CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Box Set]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My educated guess is that it will cover the AMLOR/TDB years, with a lot of live stuff, documentaries, and not much in terms of unreleased songs from either of those albums. I'm also guessing that it'll include the much rumored new mix of A Momentary Lapse of Reason.

To me Later Years means the Gilmore years...so that would mean Momentary Lapse....Division Bell and Endless River....since Division Bell and Endless River already have released surround mixes...that just leaves Momentary Lapse....the inclusion of Division Bell should make a lot of fans happy as the DVD surround version didn't have a wide distribution and many never got a copy.....and the Box Set is now rare and very expensive

I would consider this depending on cost, etc. I really want AMLOR and TDB on disc in surround.

To me Later Years means the Gilmore years...so that would mean Momentary Lapse....Division Bell and Endless River....since Division Bell and Endless River already have released surround mixes...that just leaves Momentary Lapse....the inclusion of Division Bell should make a lot of fans happy as the DVD surround version didn't have a wide distribution and many never got a copy.....and the Box Set is now rare and very expensive
To me later years would be everything from the HIDDEN Quad Mix of Meddle all the way through the Endless River, even though we already have Immersion Sets of DSOTM and WYWH and TW

To me later years would be everything from the HIDDEN Quad Mix of Meddle all the way through the Endless River, even though we already have Immersion Sets of DSOTM and WYWH and TW

Meddle was released in 1971....from a numerical perspective...I don't think that would be considered "later" in the catalog....but more importantly...it would include Waters...which at this point....legally and emotionally...no one want's that headache....I can see Meddle surfacing in the future...just not in this set..

Well we already have the Division Bell and Endless River mixes in 5.1 with cover art so... ;)
True, but those are just two albums, there are at least four more depending on how you count (three of which are really the ones I'm interested in, personally). Still excited about Animals, if that's really happening on SACD, I guess we'll have to wait and see. As I said, I'll take what I can get...

Back