Pink Floyd WYWH - Pressing Flaw?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spenceo

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
My Floyd WYWH Lp (PCQ 33453) seems to have a pressing flaw on it. I've had this album since it was purchased back in the 70's. At the end of side one, right after track #2 (Welcome to the Machine), the is about 30 sec. of track from the end of side two. Welcome to the Machine plays in its entirety and then the added portion of track just starts in. It's the crowd noise from the end of Shine On You Crazy Diamond Part IX. The added portion of track starts very abruptly. Is this something that anyone else has seen? Are all the Lp's like this. Do I have a one of a kind? I would love to have some info on this.

Thanks, Spence

spenceo said:
My Floyd WYWH Lp (PCQ 33453) seems to have a pressing flaw on it. I've had this album since it was purchased back in the 70's. At the end of side one, right after track #2 (Welcome to the Machine), the is about 30 sec. of track from the end of side two. Welcome to the Machine plays in its entirety and then the added portion of track just starts in. It's the crowd noise from the end of Shine On You Crazy Diamond Part IX. The added portion of track starts very abruptly. Is this something that anyone else has seen? Are all the Lp's like this. Do I have a one of a kind? I would love to have some info on this.

Thanks, Spence

I've had two copies of this L.P. (PCQ 33453), and they both have the same extra music on the trail off. I don't know about any other pressings.

Mike T---QpS

From what I understand, all US pressings of the quad WYWH have this flaw while UK pressings do not.

On auctions for the bootleg cd I've seen this described as the "secret song". Whether is was a mistake or intentional, it's kinda cool. Is it on either the US or UK Q8s?

sspsandy said:
On auctions for the bootleg cd I've seen this described as the "secret song". Whether is was a mistake or intentional, it's kinda cool. Is it on either the US or UK Q8s?

Actually, the extra tidbit is just a small portion of one of the other songs (I forget which one, but I seem to remember it was one of the parts of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"). So, nothing new or special, as far as the music in the "mistake" goes.

Back