Pioneer Elite DV-45A Playback Problem

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
Since 2002/2003
I caved and bought the Queensryche Empire DVD-Audio disk, and it won't play at all on my Pioneer DV-45A player ... the so-called God of Compatibility player. It plays on my humble Sony DVP-NS775V (but obviously not the DVD-Audio layer).

The Pioneer hung when it tried to read the disk, and displayed "SEARCH" indefilitely. It screwed the player up so bad that it wouldn't even play a CD until I unplugged it and did a hard reset. Anybody else have this problem?

Mike.

Mike;

I have the DV-47A, and have had problems with three discs (so far). However I don't have a problem with the Queensryche disc. The 47 has a search feature on the remote, that allows me to search the different groups on the disc directly without having to access menu screens. I'm not sure if the 45 has the search button on the remote. But check and see if there is some type of search in the set up menu. Insert the disc and then push stop right away,(to keep the logic control from crashing) then see if you can access the search groups seperately from the set up menu. If that doesn't work, I guess I'm out of suggestions.

Good luck!:)

Dennis

my dv-45A has been fine with all my dvd-a's, but has had problems with several SACD's - - able to recognize only the redbook layer. these same SACD's all play fine in my Pio 563A (which of course, has it's own list of issues). after a few years of battling with these machines, i'm convinced there's simply no such thing as a true "universal" player.

I recently purchased a Pioneer DV-45A and one SACD will not be read by the player. The 360 Degrees of Billy Paul SACD is identified py the player as a DVD (not even a DVD-A) and refuses to play. No other disc I've played has given me issues.

Back