Pioneer PLX-1000 turntable

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Whoopie! I just bought a "new" Pioneer PLX-1000 turntable. It's refurbished.....but the description says it's basically a return and is in new condition with all the original boxing and parts. I got it for $647 shipped. Otherwise, they are $699 + tax.

I'm freaking tanked on this one. It's a beast. 31 pounds, almost identical to Technics 1200 MKII. Only, it comes with a headshell, no cart. Sooooooo, I need to figure out a cart and stylus. I don't think my Ortofon OM30 will fit it as is.

1610406583982.png

Last edited:
Oddly, the dust cover has no hinges. It simply rests on the table. Honestly, I'm good with that. When I spin vinyl, I will have the cover off...and it will look "mas suave" or whatever you say. Anyway, the Technics 1200 MKII were so expensive, and very used. I was afraid of getting something that would be faulty, or require some work...which....I'm not able to give. This is a very nice compromise. Cannot effing wait.

If its not a P-mount it should fit fine. I cant answer for any compliance issues... but try it out first.
Ugh.... P-mount. I have no clue what that means. See? Ignorance. My ProJect came with a pre-installed cartridge and stylus. I removed the Ortofon 10 stylus, and plugged in the 30. Easy as punch. I don't know about the Pio.

Your new table is not a P mount style, which is really a good thing as it will give you a much wider range of cartridges to choose from. A AT MLB440 will make you a happy camper at a reasonable price.
I beleive the Ortofon OM30 is a 1/2 in mount

https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATC05b.html

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
Whoopie! I just bought a "new" Pioneer PLX-1000 turntable. It's refurbished.....but the description says it's basically a return and is in new condition with all the original boxing and parts. I got it for $647 shipped. Otherwise, they are $699 + tax.

I'm freaking tanked on this one. It's a beast. 31 pounds, almost identical to Technics 1200 MKII. Only, it comes with a headshell, no cart. Sooooooo, I need to figure out a cart and stylus. I don't think my Ortofon OM30 will fit it as is.

View attachment 61568
You just need the SUPER OM cart..
$58 on fleabay or $79 in ...ugh...yamazon!

A most excellent turntable, I've had mine for about 3 years and nothing but great sounds.
I put in a small shelf above the TT to put the dustcover when playing records.
I use AT cartridges with mine. AT150sa, AT20sla, AT440mla.

Attachments

• IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 218
Sounds like your Ortofons are standard 1/2" mount. They will mount into your Pioneer headshell with no issue. You likely got the mounting hardware with the Ortofon. All of the instructions for setting the overhang will come with your Pioneer. You're Golden.

Back