Pioneer QD-240 CD-4 Demodulator

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q

QEight

Found one for a decent price and was thinking of grabbing it due to the fact that it matches my QX-9900 Pioneer Amp (I like having all things matching)

Are these units decent demods or is there anything I should know about them?? They look very cool!! :eek:

Seperation Dial on the front, with carrier level and seperation adjustment pots right on the front!

Is there anything I should know about this unit?

"Seperation Dial on the front, with carrier level and seperation adjustment pots right on the front!"

One of the few things Pioneer did right about quad-ouch! Just kidding!

Yea I like the all matching vintage Sansui thing, it means some compromises though. Some day I will find a way to hide all the non Sansui gear in a cabinet and just have the Sansui stuff showing.

Dave

I guess I'm just stuck on Pioneer :D They should have a 12 step program.....

I have to agree though, that the Onboard SQ & RM decoders on my QX-9900 are pathetic (and that's giving them credit!)

Just for grins, I compared my SQ Paul Simon Album to the identical album on Q8.... I have to give the Pioneer SQ decoder points for trying, it does SORT OF send the right sounds to the rear but the bleed-over makes it sound very much like dual-stereo. :p

Can't wait to try out some CD-4 though!! I feel like a kid right before christmas!! :lol:

Back