Pioneer RH-60 8 track recorder/player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4audio

Alright, I have a newbie question. I am looking at purchasing what looks like a nice 8 track player,recorder.
Pioneer Rh-60. If this is a stereo 2 channel unit, can't I still use it to play Q8 tapes, as long
as i run it through a decoder?
I am looking at purchasing a sony 2070, or other sony SQ decoder. I assume
that it will decode anything that comes through my from Q8??

Thanks,
Chris

Look at the playback/record head. If it has 4 stripes on it, it will play a quad tape in quad. If it has 2 stripes on it, it will only play 2 of the channels on a quad tape at a time. Some quad 8-track players played in quad, but would only record in 2 tracks, so look for quad inputs as well as quad outputs.

Pioneer Rh-60. If this is a stereo 2 channel unit, can't I still use it to play Q8 tapes, as long
as i run it through a decoder?
You could run it through a decoder but q8 is disceet why would you do that - A q8 has 8 black stripes 4 on the left 4 on the right. To play back Q8 you need a Q8 player!
Rob

>To play back Q8 you need a Q8 player!

Or a modified Reel to Reel!
Brian

Brian - Is this where we mention the Fostex and tascam 8 channel Reel to Reel machines - Tabs Fostex- My Tascam -By the way I was about to e-mail you ... WYWH-5.1 Finished and Also B.T.O.II-5.1finished and several others are almost completed ..was going to send a few more to you with the cdr of the stereo/qs master you sent to me of Seastones for conversion.. will send you e-mail!
Rob :cool:

Back