• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Pioneer SC-95 Receiver firmware download site

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

blitztorte

I saw the firmware changelog on the Pioneer website and realized I have out-of-date firmware. But I can’t find anywhere now to download the latest. I have version 1-329-011-733-206 and there is at least a xxx-208 out there (if not newer). Anyone know where you can still find firmware for this model? I think I am missing some listening modes and think the firmware update will install them. Thanks!

Lord British

Strange. It doesn't seem to be available on their website. The SC-95 has had issues with Pandora for a while now. I believe I was personally responsible for the release of firmware version 1-289-011-722-203, Firmware Update for Pandora Subscribers, a few years ago. I called them up and told them that it was being wonky and they released an update the very next day....which worked for a while, then got effed up again. :cautious: May need to write to them to make it available.

Lord British

I saw the firmware changelog on the Pioneer website and realized I have out-of-date firmware. But I can’t find anywhere now to download the latest. I have version 1-329-011-733-206 and there is at least a xxx-208 out there (if not newer). Anyone know where you can still find firmware for this model? I think I am missing some listening modes and think the firmware update will install them. Thanks!
Just received this email from Onkyo:
"Our website is currently being updated please check the website at a later time we have not been given an ETA of when they will be available.
Thank you
Jose"

blitztorte

Just received this email from Onkyo:
"Our website is currently being updated please check the website at a later time we have not been given an ETA of when they will be available.
Thank you
Jose"
Thanks for the feedback Lord

blitztorte

Thanks for the feedback Lord
Lord, I applied the latest firmware I could find [xxx.206] that was on the Pioneer eu web site and I think I am now missing some listening modes such as dts:x and maybe others. So hopefully Pioneer us site will get updated soon.

Lord British

Lord, I applied the latest firmware I could find [xxx.206] that was on the Pioneer eu web site and I think I am now missing some listening modes such as dts:x and maybe others. So hopefully Pioneer us site will get updated soon.
It looks like the last 2 firmware updates were only available via download, you couldn't get them by checking the "update via internet" option thru the SC-95, so it never let me know that I needed to update. Judging from what you've said I don't wanna risk updating to 206, so I'll just wait until they release something on the website, thanks!

Lord British

Pioneer/Onkyo sent me the latest firmware a few days ago. I can't upload it here due to its size (29mb) , and for some reason they havent updated their website with it. Message me with your email and I can try and send it to you.