Poll: Atmos Music: Are You Going to Listen at Home?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Atmos Music: Are You Going to Listen?

• Total voters

Goona

500 Club - QQ All-Star
My main reason for the Atmos set up is for movie watching and there are some incredible Atmos /DTS X movies..
Listening to Atmos/Auro 3D is an added bonus, agree the quantity of music is very sparse.
Steven Wilson album is a great start, lets hope very soon we get abundance of Atmos choices.

AYanguas

My main reason for the Atmos set up is for movie watching and there are some incredible Atmos /DTS X movies..
Listening to Atmos/Auro 3D is an added bonus, agree the quantity of music is very sparse.
Steven Wilson album is a great start, lets hope very soon we get abundance of Atmos choices.
People reason, in general, could be motivated if their Home Cinema room is also their main music listening room or they have other music listening room as a traditional HI-FI stereo.

There is no technical restriction to deliver Dolby Atmos Music, the same way film soundtracks are delivered. Via Bluray, streaming, downloads or whatever. We all in this forum would be great consumers of Dolby Atmos music as well as are consumers of multichannel 5.1 music. It is a market demand state of the question.

The problem for us is that there are two different things, with a very similar market denomination:

1) Music in Dolby Atmos
Like a film soundtrack in Dolby Atmos codec format. The soundtrack being a song or an album as usual. These are the "few" releases we are talking about.

2) Dolby Atmos Music
Just a brand name that uses the known word "Atmos" from Dolby to name a "minor" codec to deliver music to "smart gadgets" (phones, headphones, amazon echo studio, etc.) with the promise of being surround sound.

The recent announcements of Dolby partnership with Universal Studios for future music production is the Second One. I'm not interested at all.

There must be a licensing issue to release the "cheaper" Dolby Atmos Music for 2 speaker gadget devices, instead of the full "Music in Dolby Atmos for Home Theatres" via streaming services like Amazon.

I hope that Dolby strategy would be a good one to make evolve the market demand for Dolby Atmos in music, by delivering the 2 speaker gadgets for the mainstream mass first. The same productions could eventually be rendered as true Dolby Atmos and delivered later, possibly at a higher price level.