Poll: What's your current Atmos speaker layout?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your current Atmos speaker layout?

• Total voters
Sony "5.2.2" system (with a Sansui QS-800 in the mix) and full 5.2 for other DTS/DD needs. Who needs more than 9 speakers in a "surround sound" system anyway?' Default' is 4.1 for phono with a QS-500 functioning as a 'rear amp' and quad decoder connected to a switchable Sony TA-N110 outboard amplifier (three inputs) for additional speaker settings. A formal 'tape loop' function does not exist with a Sony STR-DB940, although it has more ins and outs than most folks will ever use!

I voted 7.1.4 with back speakers, but it is actually 7.2.4 as I have 2(3)subs. All never AVR's can use and calibrate 2 subs. If you use front wides the designation should be 9.2.4 as the wides usually are floor speakers. :)

7.1.4 Atmos or 5.1.5 Auro 3D with VOG center overhead speaker. The second sub output on the Marantz SR7013 feeds the amp that powers the Auro 3D VOG speaker. I do not need subs given the ultra-low WAF (a euphemism for really #@$%in' big) of the mains, center and surrounds.

Example connections when using front height speakers​

This 7.1-channel surround system is the same as a basic 5.1-channel system but with front height speakers.

Pict FrontHeight SP Layout X2200

Back