Steven Wilson Porcupine 3?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Over at SHTV user "Tattooed Headshrinker" posted this filing for a company "Porcupine 3 Limited" with the officers being Barbieri, Harrison and Wilson.

Anyone want to speculate what this is for? Old business that for some reason no longer includes Colin Edwin? Something new...a way of going back and forward at the same time, new version of the band? Late April Fool's joke?

PORCUPINE-3-LIMITED-Officers.jpg

Come to think about it, if they are going to reunite in some way without Colin, the name Porcupine 3 actually makes perfect sense.
1. Porcupine 3 sounds like Porcupine Tree
2. Consists of 3 "original" members
3. Changing name is an ode the the original line-up - that band is no more and with the new name you can more easily move into new musical territory. However, there will of course be a huge expectations on them to sound like Porcupine Tree anyway...

Let the speculation continue...

Come to think about it, if they are going to reunite in some way without Colin, the name Porcupine 3 actually makes perfect sense.
3. Changing name is an ode the the original line-up - that band is no more and with the new name you can more easily move into new musical territory. However, there will of course be a huge expectations on them to sound like Porcupine Tree anyway...

Two of the original members even.

Last edited:
Anyone knows why Colin Edwin would not be part of this, if a possible reunion would happen? I really like both Nick Beggs and Tony Levin but Colin was a distinct part of their sound so I would miss him...

Wilson claimed during the "To The Bone" tour, that his touring band were the best musicians he'd ever played with. He's also mentioned several times that he didn't like being in a band because other members thought they had a say - I'm paraphrasing here, but he wanted to do stuff with a jazzier influence and it was turned down flat. He also went through this whole phase of not referring to Porcupine Tree by name, preferring to call it "my previous band". It's obviously just speculation on my behalf, but it's not difficult to add two and two together and get three.

Let the speculation continue...

4. The 3rd iteration of the band as a real band entity:
Wilson/Edwin/Barbieiri/Maitland
Wilson/Edwin/Barbieiri/Harrison
and now
Wilson/Barbieri/Harrison...?

The name works on a few levels.

Back