Porcupine Tree 5.1 remasters - Deadwing / In Absentia - getting nearer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrived somewhere (here)

Attachments

• 0E13D640-C287-4C18-83E5-6DD9C3FA89C7.jpeg
    0E13D640-C287-4C18-83E5-6DD9C3FA89C7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 85FC71B7-D29F-4420-9056-CEBC9D475839.jpeg
    85FC71B7-D29F-4420-9056-CEBC9D475839.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
I just received it in the mail. It's a beautiful, beautiful box set--good documentary too. No regrets!

I'm very new to this forum (QQ) and relatively new to Porcupine Tree. That said, I've been enjoying surround music for a few years now. Regarding these deluxe versions, it seems like they always sell out. Can anyone recommend where to buy if you're in the US and price is am issue? I saw the above thread about ImportCD but it seems they have neither in stock. I've never ordered from them or from Burning Shed. Prices at the latter seem OK except for the shipping. I don't mind waiting but I don't want to wait until they're sold out. Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

James_in_va. I use importCDs a lot but deadwing I bought from burning shed at a much better price even with shipping.

Also good sites: bullmoose, deep discount (importcd sister co), lasercd (great prices, owner is a dick). Jpc.de

That'll be on the Super-Duper-Ultimate-Fantastic-Mega-Deluxe edition due after a suitable period of say 5 years has elapsed from this release
Yeah... that was more or less my second thought too (after "why not Atmos?").

There's no difference. They're the same mix and master.
I agree, they (Deadwing) are the same.
To be honest, I knew that going in, I just wanted the new and improved packaging.
Probably most here on QQ are interested solely in the disc, but there are a few of us that like the packaging to.
Especially when they are as artistic as this :LOL:
R-17174641-1612002604-7544.jpg

Back